2nd Trimester

Boiling water hit my belly...

So I am cooking nice lasagna and a drop of boiling water hit my tummy...it hurt for like a sec and I iced it...but should i be concerned for baby?  The spot is the size of a quarter and is a few inches to the right and above mybellybutton (baby is moving around like normal)

I think I'm getting a blister n it too...should I use bacitracin on it?  What goes on burns?  Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Boiling water hit my belly...

• A minor surface burn cannot hurt your baby. For future burns though, treat with cold water instead of ice. Using ice can cause your skin to become too cold and cause further damage to your burn.

Here is Mayo Clinic's website for minor burns and suggested treatments.

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/first-aid-burns/FA00022

Hawaii
  • Thanks!  I couldn't figure out hosting get water only tummy...but now I know no ice!
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you serious? It will hurt you but it didn't even touch baby.  Please use your common sense here. 

Soap and water on burns, don't cover it. You can use a burn gel if you choose. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Go run to the er now... Seriously?!? Do you know how well baby is protected? The human race would be extinct if something happened to babies because of mom getting burned by water.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Hahaha...sorry. Your baby is just fine.
  • This cant be for real. Really, OP? A splash of hot water on your belly hurting the baby? What next? Will showering drown the baby? So many questions!!
  • imageAFwifelife:

imageJocelynB0911:
    This cant be for real. Really, OP? A splash of hot water on your belly hurting the baby? What next? Will showering drown the baby? So many questions!!

Baths will!! Beware of the deadly bubble baths!! 

And here I thought that baths were like little jacuzzi's for the baby. Dang, better change my plans tonight! I'll just rub lotion on the babie... mini massage for them!

• Don't feel bad about others' comments--I burned my thigh really badly in my first pregnancy and was a little worried if it might affect the baby (indirectly, b/c of the body's pain response, inflammation, etc), and I'm a nurse.  Pregnancy can make some of us really paranoid :o)  

ETA: mine blistered very badly.  My doctor gave me some silvadene cream.  If you use an otc topical antibiotic, I would use a cream and not an ointment.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No OP.

A "drop" of hot water on your stomach cannot hurt your baby.

DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • yeah, my Mom poured piping hot coffee grounds on herself. the only worry was it causing preterm labor (she was 7.5 months at the time) 

ETA: reread ad deleted part because I thought it was the whole pot NOT a drop

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • For being a regular poster, you sure threw me as a MUD. SMH....
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • kdjuddkdjudd member
    Your baby will be fine. I burnt my stomach on a hot cookie pan during my last pregnancy. It sounds like you have either a first degree burn or at most a second degree. If you get any blisters just make sure you don't pop them even though I know it is tempting. Avoid any ointments or oils and cover it with some loose gauze. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Geez, some of you are nasty...I didn't know if there should be concern, bc it hurt...a lot and was already forming blisters and it was on my stomach...sorry Im not a know it all, I was more concerned about how to care for it...thank you to the posters who politely answered my concerns
  • PrimRoseMama, no need to be rude! This is a place for us to use our common sense as well as not use it :) I call it pregnancy brain, I am forgetful and ask silly questions. I do not want to be judged. Also, being overly concerned is one of the joys of pregnancy. 
  • Also, her question was not that silly. A hot tub is bad for the child, it is better to check and be safe. That is all, so be nice people. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"