May 2013 Moms
Options

Little confused about containers for storing then feeding breast milk

I could be over-analyzing this.  I'm looking at the different breast pumps and noticing that they come with storage containers that seem like they can then be used as bottles.  It looks like all you do is screw a nipple to the top of the storage container and you have a bottle!  I've already got a bunch of Dr. Brown bottles.  Is anyone planning to use their storage containers for feeding?  Or would you just store the breast milk in the container (or even freeze it in a bag) and then pour it into another bottle, like the Dr. Brown's, to feed with? Am I making sense?  (In my head I do, which I know means nothing when others are trying to understand me at this point! Haha!)  Thanks!

Re: Little confused about containers for storing then feeding breast milk

• Options
    You can feed right from the container. The first 2 to 3 weeks I fed everything I pumped within 24hrs so I didn't freeze anything and fed right from the container I pumped in. After I started a freezer stash I froze the milk in bags.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I'm EPing and I pump into the containers then transfer to my Dr Brown's because they don't let the babies swallow as much air as a standard bottle would. However, to answer your question, yes it can be used as a feeding bottle. Hth.
    TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I pumped into the Medela bottles that came with my pump then poured into freezer bags for storage then fed from totally different bottles.

I pumped into bottles because it seemed much more secure than pumping into bags directly. I rarely pumped for same day or next day use. Everything went directly into the freezer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You can freeze in those little bottles if you want or lanisoh bags.  I EP'd and froze a lot so I ended up using zip lock quart size bags.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• Options
    You can freeze in those little bottles if you want or lanisoh bags.  I EP'd and froze a lot so I ended up using zip lock quart size bags.

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• Options

You are making total sense! I stocked up on those containers for my medela pump (some medela, some snappies). That way I can pump, then freeze or store, run it under warm water, pop a nipple on it and feed. All from the same container. Quicker, less bottles to clean, and easy for hubby to understand. lol. I do understand though that not all babies will take to the standard nipples or need special bottles.

• Options

I have a Hygeia Enjoye pump and the below will show you what bottles are compatible with the pump. Just in case this is one you are considering. You will have to buy the plastic adapter ring piece (super cheap) and at least you won't be washing more bottles than you need too!! 

https://hygeiainc.com/what-bottles-are-compatible-with-hygeia-flanges/#sthash.CoG8XhJB.dpbs

• Options
    The Medela pumps are compatible with Dr. Brown's bottles, I pumped directly into those pretty regularly.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options

The medela pumps are also compatible with playtex ventaire. Those are the bottles we have from DS. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"