Multiples

Twin personality switch?

From birth, my girls were totally different. Baby A slept well during the night, not well during the day. She was a total mommy's girl, wanted me to hold her all the time and didn't like it when other people did. She was feisty and loud, could never be alone for a second, needing constant attention.

Baby B slept well during the day, not so well during the night. She was totally independent, happily playing by herself, or lying in a bouncy chair or swing and watching the world go by. She would let anyone hold her and wasn't particularly attached to me or anyone else.

Just before their first birthdays, they seemed to switch personalities. Now Baby A sleeps well during the day and not the night, and B is the opposite. B is now loud and feisty and needs constant attention. She cries when I or DH leave the room, is constantly hitting her sister or pulling her hair, and just generally seems really sensitive and/or dramatic. A is the more independent now, more quiet and sweet. A now only needs me when people she doesn't know are close by.

It's so weird.  Has anyone had this happen?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Twin personality switch?

• pea-kaypea-kay member

Mine totally did. By now, they've "switched personalities" a few times since they were born.

They keep you on your toes, eh?

(And yes, I'm positive I haven't mixed mine up.)

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • My girls are almost 1, and regularly switch personalities. Like every few weeks/months. I guess they're just very alike and emphasize certain traits from time to time. And you never quite know who they'll be that day/week/month.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We totally were JUST talking about this yesterday.  My two have most definitely swapped in the past two months (14 months old).  The one, sweet, easy going one is now a whiny terror.  The screaming, pushy one is now just so darn pleasant, it's remarkable.  I'm just holding out for the time when they are both sweet and calm, as if that is ever possible!
  • Mine have done this several times since birth and it's just WEIRD. I have trouble telling them apart as it is, but when one pulls a trick the other one does exclusively, it just messes everything up. One of them will be the happy, confident one for a couple of weeks, and then suddenly it's the other guy...they never fail to surprise!
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh, I'm so glad this is a thing and not just my imagination :) Thanks girls! I guess multiples will keep you guessing..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For sure.  Mine switch every six months to a year or so?  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"