October 2012 Moms

BFing Check in!

Who's here?!

1. How's it going?
  2. Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever?
  3.  Any foods you've had to avoid?
  4. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous)
  5. What is your BFing goal?
  6. What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles?
DD 11/1/12
DS 7/16/14
DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
DS MSPI, egg allergy

Re: BFing Check in!

1. How's it going?
      Going well now.  Had a cold and was nervous about my supply, but we're back up and running Yes
    2. Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever? Can't wait to be done! I want freedom! Not to mention normal food again! Though I know when the time comes, I will be sad.
    3.  Any foods you've had to avoid? No dairy or soy. No caffeine. Sad 
    4. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous) When I mentioned to my mom that I was halfway to my goal, she said she couldn't believe I wanted to go *that* long.
    5. What is your BFing goal? 1 year. I will be so proud to make it!
    6. What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles? DD doesn't take a bottle.  I always run off somewhere private to feed her.
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • imageKittery16:

Who's here?!

1. How's it going?  Great!
    2. Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever? Forever
    3.  Any foods you've had to avoid?  Nope
    4. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous).  A little but in my circle a year in acceptable so I haven't gotten too much crap...from others though yes.
    5. What is your BFing goal?  I plan on BFing as long as we both are happy doing it though minimum a year if its in the cards (I had issues at seven months with DS but BFing is 100% different this time).  I would like to go until three for the health benefits (and the bonding too) but will have to reconsider if she wants to go longer...I'm not necessarily opposed but not sure if I'm super excited about nursing a four year old!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKittery16:
    Who's here?!How's it going? Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever? nbsp;Any foods you've had to avoid?Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculousWhat is your BFing goal?What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles?

Going great!

I go back and forth...I really like it and I'm happy I've made it this far, but some days I fantasize about the future when I'm not nursing...

I haven't had to avoid any foods.

No one has given me any crap at all, my friends and family are very supportive of nursing. My close friends all nurse well past the 1 year mark.

My goal is 1 year!

I NIP but am very self conscious, around friends I'm fine, but at a restaurant or the mall, I bring a bottle, or go BF in my car or a dressing room. I hate that I'm so nervous about it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • hilsy85hilsy85 member

1. How's it going?              Pretty good! We go through ups and downs...right now things seem to be going smoothly. 
    2. Can you wait to be done?Or wanting this to go on forever?                              Somewhere in between...I kind of look forward to not having to stress about nursing, but I think I"ll miss it when we're done!
    3.  Any foods you've had to avoid?                   Nope thank goodness. 
    4. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous).                    No one has said anything to me thank goodness! Who knows what they're thinking...
    5. What is your BFing goal?            RIght now, I guess a year? Then we'll see...
    6. What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles?                NIP, which is quite the sight considering he's usually thrashing around under the cover. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • sica077sica077 member
    imageKittery16:

Who's here?! I'm here!

1. How's it going? It is still going great. Although, lately I feel like he wants to eat more... which is weird because he is eating some solids now; I'm blaming it on teething, but I have been blaming everything on teething as of late.
    2. Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever? I seriously wish it could go on forever... I get really sad when I think of him weaning.
    3.  Any foods you've had to avoid? I have not drank soda in a few months. I had given it up during pregnancy, gave in to a craving one day and Cole was nasty the next day. It was probably unrelated, but I gave it back up then and there.
    4. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous) Bleh, I deal with a very wide range of comments but the people close to me are supportive (for the most part). About a month ago, one of my aunts asked what solids he was eating, with which I replied, 'none, yet'. She went into a big long thing about how boring, unpractical and unhealthy that is for him. I ignored her every word.
    5. What is your BFing goal? Until he is ready. We will see how long I can keep up that mantra Smile

• I didn't see six...

I NIP or in my car if I think its more comfortable.  I still use a cover but I'm getting braver everyday! 

She won't take a bottle so I can only leave her for short periods. 

• Yeah... my fault. I added it afterward. Embarrassed
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • LorMorLorMor member
    imageKittery16:

Who's here?!

1. How's it going? Mostly good, but we had a bit of a latch issue last week and I got SUCH a sore nipple. I felt like such a noob! Coming right though. 
    2. Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever? I'm enjoying it and am not in a hurry to stop. 
    3.  Any foods you've had to avoid? Medication mostly - I've got a cold now and just want drugs! Also, tea binges. 
    4. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous) Not that I know of.
    5. What is your BFing goal? No goal.
    6. What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles? I'm very happy NIP and I think we're pretty discreet. But LO does get distracted easily and that's less fun.
  • imageKittery16:
    Who's here?!How's it going? Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever? nbsp;Any foods you've had to avoid?Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculousWhat is your BFing goal?What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles?

It is going well.
    My goal is December...
    I can't do a lot of dairy but everything else has been fine.
    And I nurse in public. Bottles are pia
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • imageKittery16:

Going really well. I had a bad pumping day last week so amped up my fenugreek and blessed thistle.

My goal is 12 mos but I am really just taking it one day at a time.

Dd1 quit just before her 2nd bday so I am fine with extended BFing.

No one has hassled me. BFing is very common where I live.

I nip but she hates the cover.
    Birthday

• going a ok. I am so sick of pumping at work. I wish I had an office with a door so I could continue working while I am pumping. I'm also sick of constantly washing bottles. 

I don't really have a goal. I originally said 6 months but here we are.

I'm more likely to get hell for not BFing where I live

I NIP sans cover. Eff that, normalize it, yo.  

• cmbrowncmbrown member
    1.  Good.  It's so easy this time.  With DD, it was awful.  She never latched right, I supplemented from the beginning.  It's just so easy with DS.  Pumping on the other hand, I hate.  I barely pump enough for the next day, so that stresses me out big time... 

2.  Neither.  I hope to go until he's one, but am not for extended bfing, so will stop then.

3.  Nope.

4.  Nope.

5.  One year.  

6.  NIP, with a cover. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • morrkimmorrkim member
    imageKittery16:

Who's here?!

1. How's it going? Good, other than when she hears something she has to stop and look around and sometimes refuses to latch on again so then we have lots of really short sessions.

1. Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever? It depends on the day and time.  I'm tired of pumping and the late night early morning feedings, but the rest of the time I enjoy the bonding.

2.  Any foods you've had to avoid?  Dairy and maybe soy.  We are waiting to hear from doctor on her last round of stool samples

3. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous)not yet

4. What is your BFing goal?  1 year

5. What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles?it depends on where.  At the store I usually do bottle because I can do that on the move.  I have done both at restaraunts. Some don't have good seating for bf.  it is also getting more difficult to nip because she doesn't like the cover.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • imageKittery16:

Who's here?!

1. How's it going? Giong great, no teeth yet, so that always helps when he gets in his biting moods.
    2. Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever? I love BF and will hopefully cont until around march of next year.  But I am tiered of it.  But this is the point where I can begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  By a year he will only be feeding 5-6 times in 24 hours and once they get to 3 times it is super easy. So by then I feel like I can cont until forever.  But I want to be done by my 10th anniversary. And my mom will need some practice watching all the kids before that so early spring it is.  
    3.  Any foods you've had to avoid? No.  At the beginning I had to watch my chocolate and milk, but all is a go for launch now.
    4. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous).  Their all used to seeing my BF, I've been doing it long enough by now.  I went from BF DS1 to BF ds2 so not much of a break.
    5. What is your BFing goal? Always one year
    6. What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles? NIP, or go to a car or dressing room.  I nurse where ever I need to though. I dont pump so it is the boob or screaming, I am sure others would prefer me to feed once they hear his tantrums.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • imageKittery16:
    1. How's it going? It's actually going pretty good lately! Much less frequent clogged ducts, yay!
    2. Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever? Neither, I guess. We hit 6 months this week, and hoping can go on until 1 year.
    3.  Any foods you've had to avoid? Nope!
    4. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous)  Don't think so. 
    5. What is your BFing goal? 1 year hopefully, but I still take it one day at a time.
    6. What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles? Have done NIP a few times, but if we have our car nearby I'll usually nurse him in the car.  DS gets distracted easily so NIP can be difficult.  He also doesn't like bottles (I'm SAHM) so we haven't really tried bottles when we're out.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • 1.How's it going?

Today good. Last week I had some supply issues but it's getting better.

2.Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever?

Depends on the day. More leaning towards I can't wait to be done.  

3. Any foods you've had to avoid?

Lately milk or dairy. Sucks!

4.Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous)

Everyone but my mom thinks I should quit already. I don't really care what anyone else thinks though so it doesn't bother me.

5.What is your BFing goal?

6 months. Now maybe 1 year. We'll see how it goes.

6.What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles?

Bottles if we've thought ahead. DS is easily distracted so NIP sucks for me. We have a hard time getting through a nursing session at home in another room from everyone else without him pulling off multiple times and wanting to sit up then screaming for more. Fun times!

• 1. We have the hang of it that's for sure.

2. I'm ready to have my body back. I'm sick of being sick all the time. Nursing/Pumping is taking it's toll on me physically. LO has had very mild illnesses, so the thought that my sickness helps keep her healthy is the only thing that has kept me from giving it up already. 

3. Nope, I've not bothered to watch diet other than eating healthier, though admittedly not as healthy as I did when PG. 

4. My boss has asked when I intend to stop... I wasn't sure how to take that, but assume she's hinting that the three 20 minute breaks I take are starting to get old. DH's step mom the other night commented on my nursing her as "oh, you're still doing that". 

5. First goal was 6 months, now it's 9. I like to keep it with an end in sight. In reality, because it's kept her so healthy, I'll probably try to go as long as possible.

6. I've stopped bringing bottles when we go places, but will seek out as private of a spot as I can. Often times that's the car.

• How's it going?

Great

Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever?

Would go forever

Any foods you've had to avoid?

Nope

Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous

Nobody has said anything but I know my mom is weirded out

What is your BFing goal?

Hard and fast goal is 1 year. I will not stop before then. If she were to self wean, I'd EP. I hope to make it to 18 months. That puts us through next year's flu season.

What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles?

I NIP. My level of cover is based on how comfortable I am.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • Wally3Wally3 member
    imageKittery16:

Who's here?!

1. How's it going? Fine - he is super distracted and nurses better at night but has stopped biting.
    2. Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever? Nursing is fine - I hate pumping and can't wait to he is a year.
    3.  Any foods you've had to avoid? Nothing - I try to limit caffine and alcohol.
    4. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridicul ous) Not that say anything to my face.
    5. What is your BFing goal? A year pumping - after that I will nurse morning and night but if I'm not there no bottles.
    6. What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles? I try to nurse but he is very unfocused and just wants to look at everything not nurse.  I just deal - he can eat if he is hungry.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageKittery16:

Who's here?!

1. How's it going?
      Not too bad.  Have had a dip in pumping for the last few weeks so I need to get fenugreek pills to get my supply back up. 
    2. Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever?
      Mostly excited to be done -- tired of MOTN feedings and my husband thinking that every time he's crying it is because he is hungry.
    3.  Any foods you've had to avoid? None.
    4. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous) Nope.
    5. What is your BFing goal? Before he was born, one year.  After I started breastfeeding, six months.  Now I am just taking it month by month.  If my supply doesn't get back up, I'll just supplement with formula, keep pumping what I can and nurse when I am home until one year hopefully.
    6. What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles?
      Bottles.  I have only ever NIP once!
  • ellcoreellcore member
    Who's here?! I'm here!How's it going? Its going awesome! We got really lucky with no problems.Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever? I want it to go on forever!Any foods you've had to avoid? I can't have some dairy. Ice cream and milk are the big ones.Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous I haven't actually. My dad asked if I was going to stop when she got a tooth and my sister asked if I was going to stop when she started walking. It wasn't really that they were weirdrd out, they just never knew anyone who BF so they asked informative questions.What is your BFing goal? originally it was a year, but now I'm going to let her selfwean.

ETA: We NIP sans cover. She just flings it off anyways. I just do the Tshirt tank top trick.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • How's it going? 
    1. Going good.  No real issues.  I do run short every here and there and just throw in 4oz or so of formula.  That happened this morning but had not happened for weeks before that.  
    2. Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever? I'm on the fence.  I know I'm going to miss it - but having a bowl of cereal would be heavenly.  
    3.  Any foods you've had to avoid? Limiting dairy.  I haven't had milk in months.  I do consume cheese here and there.  I had a mini blizzard on Friday and all was fine.  I'm so excited! 
    4. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous) My dad found out this weekend that I was still bf and he said he was proud of me.  It was weird.  We don't talk like that usually.
    5. What is your BFing goal? I don't have a goal.  But I decided I wanted to through surgery.  Then I decided i wanted to through cold season (we still have snow here).  Then I decided  I want to until after we fly (so many germs!) on May 28th.  I'm not sure.  We will see how it goes during the summer.
    6. What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles? Bottles - and I pump in the car.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
    1. How's it going? Good. I had pink eye last week and was nervous that I would give it to him, but he seems to have avoided it.
    2. Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever? I am enjoying it. It is our special time together and most days it is only in the evenings since I work all day. I hate the pumping. I can't wait to be done with that.
    3.  Any foods you've had to avoid? I've had to avoid caffeine and large amounts of dairy. I have started having a small amount of caffeine and he seems to be tolerating that well.
    4. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous) I had one person who couldn't believe that I was still BFing after going back to work.
    5. What is your BFing goal? One year. I think I might just stop pumping at work at that point though and keep up nursing in the evening and before I leave for work.
    6. What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles? I NIP. I will not use a bottle if he is with me. I hate pumping.
  • imagelady dixneuf:

going a ok. I am so sick of pumping at work. I wish I had an office with a door so I could continue working while I am pumping. I'm also sick of constantly washing bottles. 

I don't really have a goal. I originally said 6 months but here we are.

I'm more likely to get hell for not BFing where I live

I NIP sans cover. Eff that, normalize it, yo.  

I also have never used a cover.

• Can I play? I EP...

1. How's it going?  It's going well, my supply has recently dropped the past few weeks. I am shocked that I've been going to 6+ months of eping.
    2. Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever? Currently I am taking it a day at a time. I may cut down to 3x a day and start using more of my stash.
    3. Any foods you've had to avoid? Large amounts of eggs... Like a hard boiled egg or scrambled.
    4. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous) My mom brought it up last night, like.. can you believe you've been pumping for so long?!
    5. What is your BFing goal? Day by day. 
    6. What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles? Bottles.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

1. How's it going? Great except for the pumping - that is still PITA esp when my supply today was really low for some reason.
    2. Can you wait to be done? Or wanting this to go on forever?  I am really loving nursing him now.  I secretly wish I could do this forever but I know I don't want to be that mom nursing my toddler at 5years old!
    3.  Any foods you've had to avoid? Not at all.
    4. Anyone IRL think it is weird that you've BF this long? (I've gotten some crap already, which is ridiculous) I think it's weird that people give you crap!
    5. What is your BFing goal? Initially 6 months, but I guess 1 year now.
    6. What do you do while out? NIP? Bottles? With me around, definitely NIP.  Bottles are annoying and that would mean I would need to pump!

• RayT1RayT1 member

It's going great!

In some ways I wish I could BF for a long time, but I do miss my old boobs. They were cute and small, now they are big and lope sided and covered in vains. 

I had to avoid dairy/soy for the first 4 months, then we slowly introduced it back in to our diet and again and there seems to be no problems any more.  I still am avoiding Tomato, cabbage, onion, garlic and lots of caffeine.  

No one here thinks that it's weird that I am still BF, everyone I know with babies BFs, so it would be weird to them if I didn't BF.  

My goal is 12 months, but I would do until around next Christmas... I will for sure wean before we TTC again. 

When we are out I usually don't cover, depending on how much of a public place I am in determines if I find a privet place feed him since he gets distracted easy. 

I will definitely miss it once we're done.  

October 1st, 2012. 9lbs 2 oz

Jude - 8lbs 1 oz
    August 15th, 2014. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"