April 2013 Moms

BF moms how long?

How old is your LO and how long does he or she feed for? Do you feed off both sides per feeding or one?

Re: BF moms how long?

• Baby Boy is 12 days old. He typically nurses from each side, for a total of 20 to 30 minutes.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 16 days old. We feed off both sides. Ill start on right side one feeding let her go 20 min, burp her, then go left. Next feeding start on left and keep alternating which one I start on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Ash*
  • Loading the player...
  • lo is 5 weeks tomorrow and he nurses for 15-20 minutes on one side and 10ish minutes on the other every feeding
    image   image
  • Ugh. This post makes me sad. My LO will go for 25 minutes on each side and still be starving.

• KrisM86KrisM86 member
    DS is 12 days old and usually nurses from both sides for about 5 to 10 minutes per side.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Myee612Myee612 member
    imageNicoleSB80:
    Ugh. This post makes me sad. My LO will go for 25 minutes on each side and still be starving.

This is why I posted the question, unfortunately I feel ur pain.. I nurse each side for which seems like forever, then he will fall asleep and ill burp him..... 20 min later start eating his hands and be starving again! :/
  • DS is 5 weeks and he eats for about 15 minutes on one side only. As he become more efficient he started getting full on just the one side so I dropped the second side.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JNB0416JNB0416 member
    imageMyee612:
    imageNicoleSB80:
    Ugh. This post makes me sad. My LO will go for 25 minutes on each side and still be starving.

This is why I posted the question, unfortunately I feel ur pain.. I nurse each side for which seems like forever, then he will fall asleep and ill burp him..... 20 min later start eating his hands and be starving again! :/

This exactly. I feel like if I were able to, I could literally stay home all day and LO would nurse all day and night with some measly 20 minute breaks in between. I wish I had some advice, but I'm glad I'm not alone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KovakKovak member
    My little guy is almost 6 weeks. He'll go for about 10 to 15 minutes on each side. I'll burp and usually do a diaper change between sides. For MOTN feedings I'll just check his diaper and only change it if its poopy.
    I had problems with him nursing for long periods of time and still being hungry until my pedi helped me get a good deep latch. Now he gets more in a shorter period of time and my nipples no longer hurt. If you're having that problem I would suggest talking to an LC...it's worth it!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • 11 days old, she usually nurses for 15-30 minutes. For the past few days I have only been offering one side per session because I noticed her poops turning back from yellow to green and this has remedied that.. If she still seems hungry or if it's later in the evening, I offer both sides and she will nurse for an additional 5-10 minutes on the second side. I'm going to double check with my LC this Tuesday to be sure that was the right decision and to make sure she's still gaining well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAtlJuneBride:
    DS is 5 weeks and he eats for about 15 minutes on one side only. As he become more efficient he started getting full on just the one side so I dropped the second side.

Same here but DD is slightly younger.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My little man is 16 days old and eats for about 3540 minutes but falls asleep alot and he will usually nurse for 20 min one side and then 10 or 15 from the other.
  • Normally 5 to 15 minutes on one side. Sometimes we get a few minutes on the second side, and every so often we'll get a good 20ish minutes. BUT I have a very heavy letdown and DD is a super efficient eater ever since we had her tongue tie clipped.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • imageAtlJuneBride:
    DS is 5 weeks and he eats for about 15 minutes on one side only. As he become more efficient he started getting full on just the one side so I dropped the second side.

Same here. Tonight he nursed for 20 min on one side and 10 on the other but that is rare. Usually it is 15 min or less on one side.
  • Lo is almost 4 weeks old. He nurses for about 1520 min on one side every 2.5 to 3 hours. I try to get him to go longer but he will literally clench his jaw shut when he's done and there is no tricking him into eating more. Sometimes he'll go a good 2530 min on that one side but that is only a few times per day. He's gaining well and I can hear him slurping so I know he's getting enough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Almost 6 weeks and he eats anywhere from 5-20 minutes, often just one side.

• He'll be 3 weeks tomorrow.. Usually about 15 to 20min on one side, and maybe an additional 5 to 10 on the other. It varies though, but I try to get 20 on a side before switching [per my pediatrician's advice!] He eats about every 2 and a half hours.
    CafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageNicoleSB80:

FUN isn't it? It's not all the time, but when it does happen...poof there goes an hour!
    DD 4/3/04 & #2 EDD April 21, 2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageDebbie0580:
    imageAtlJuneBride:
    Same here but DD is slightly younger.

this is me too.

my question for you ladies- do you ever need to pump the other side if LO goes a while btwn feedings? Sometimes I do this and sometimes I don't, but I bring it up because I feel like when I don't LO gets way too much milk too quickly and is guaranteed to have a spit up explosion! 

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• She's almost 6 weeks and nurses for about 20 minutes on one side. That about empties it, but if she's sleepy it could take a bit longer.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• imagemrsbea:
    imageNicoleSB80:

FUN isn't it? It's not all the time, but when it does happen...poof there goes an hour!

Sadly it is all the time for me. This is why we are supplementing with bottles. In the morning a 45 min session will fill her up but in late afternoon and evening when my supply is lower an hour still wouldn't fill her. I would kill to even be able to feed her in 30 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"