High-Risk Pregnancy

IF you have PREE?

If you have PreE:
How many weeks are you?
What treatment has your OB prescribed?
What type of bed rest are you on?
When does your OB plan to induce?

I'm 32, modified bed rest for now, unsure of induction. Still waiting on lab results.

Re: IF you have PREE?

• I don't have it now, but had early signs with DD (trace protien, elevated bp, swelling).  I was 28 weeks when my bp and swelling occurred was placed on strict bed rest (they originally thought an infections was causing my issues), was admitted on and off to L&D due to elevated BP and severe swelling.  Was admitted "for good" at 33.5 weeks and prommed that night and deliverd the next morning.  I had trace amounts of protien, dr said they would induce at 36/37 weeks depending on how dd looked (turns out she did great at 33.5 weeks).  Was scheduled for weekly NST and BPP starting at 32 weeks (only made it to 1).

• I have PreE. I am at 34 weeks tomorrow. I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago. High BP one day at dr. I did one of the 24 hr. urine sample (have protein in it even though at Dr. when I give my little sample there is none) I now see the dr. once a week....blood work once a week( to check kidneys, liver, and blood platelets.) I had the steroid shots just n case my PreE gets worse and she has to be delivered early-helps with her lungs. I have 2 ultrasounds a week. My dr. is really trying to get me to 37 weeks. I am on modified bed rest. No working, driving,housework etc. I can shower, get a quick meal and go out to Dr. appts. I have a appt. today. Good luck to you! I know it's scary!
  • Loading the player...
  • BC&LMBC&LM member
    How many weeks are you?
    32 weeks

I had to stop working immediately. I have to take my blood pressure daily, go for weekly OB appointments, do weekly bloodwork, and do weekly 24 hour urine tests. I also start weekly non stress tests next week. I'm not on any kind of medication for the blood pressure or anything because while it's higher than normal, around 140/90, it's not so high where they feel I need medication. I am to call the OB immediately if I get readings over 160/110, get extreme headaches, or show any of the other signs of severe preeclampsia.

I am not on actual bed rest, as my OB said that would put me at higher risk of clots. However, I have to take it easy: no working, no exercising, no cleaning, etc. Basically, a lot of sitting around!

If we can keep my levels steady, they will most likely wait until 37 weeks to induce. However, if my blood pressure, urine protein levels, or liver enzymes shoot up significantly, they might induce or do a C section earlier than that.
  • Ceci131Ceci131 member

How many weeks are you?
    38 weeks- still waiting on diagnosis today. Had Pre-E with DD1 as well. BP was elevated a bit on Friday, had >700 protein; but since I've been vigilant about bed rest, BP has stayed below 140/90. Just dropped off my 24 hour.

Was put on bed rest on Friday, no meds

Bed rest- can shower, sit up to eat,  attend appts. It has made a huge difference! I didn't take it seriously Fri-Sat, allowed my self to be up 10 min every hour, started running 160/110- which put me in L&D.

I'm trying for a VBAC so they won't induce. Hoping I can hang out in bed until little girl makes her move on her own. Just hope she comes sooner rather than later. With DD1, we did a c-section at 32 weeks following 10 days of hospital bedrest.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image image image
  • RoxZ32RoxZ32 member

I was diagnosed with a mild case at 33 1/2 weeks. I am now 36 weeks along. My BP had been consistently reading in the high 140s/mid 90s when they decided to do my first 24 hr urine sample. I had a slightly elevated protein count in the 24 hr collection (my small office collections don't show any protein). Dr. Immediately took me out of work and on modified bed rest. I'm only allowed to shower, make quick meals and go to my doctor appointments. I have to monitor my blood pressure 3 times a day at home and watch for worsening signs (headache, pain on my upper right side, visual disturbances). I go to my OB twice weekly for check ups and L & D twice weekly for NST and more blood pressure readings. They usually have me doing a 24 hr urine once a week as well. My doctors will induce exactly at 37 weeks IF my condition doesn't worsen before then as they may choose to induce earlier. My induction will be in one week (Monday the 13th) but I go prepared with all my hospital bags to every appointment in case they want to do it then due to bad test results. I have a NST today at L & D and I'm nervous because my BP readings this weekend have been very high, at a couple times 160/110. Every appointment this week has the potential of induction - so nervous!!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How many weeks are you? 34w4d ... Diagnosed a week ago after staying in the hospital for steroid shots and a 24-hour urine collect. I have high blood pressure pre-pregnancy, and have never had any protein pop up in my dips, so we were all surprised when it came back elevated.

What treatment has your OB prescribed? Right now I'm on 400 mg of Labetalol three times a day and am on modified bed rest. I'm hoping after my appointment today I get cleared to go back to work part-time for the next few weeks, but I'm not holding my breath. More-than-likely I'll get sent to Labor and Delivery for the third week on a row.

What type of bed rest are you on? I can be on the couch, not just on my side in the bed. I can shower, make dinner, run a quick errand if I need to, but I can't be moving around for long right now. I went to the grocery store last night with my partner ... It was the first time I had left my apartment since I got home from the hospital on Wednesday.

When does your OB plan to induce? No set timeline right now, which I'm thankful for in a way. I also have gestational diabetes, so I am a nervous wreck ... But since we're doing twice-weekly NSTs, I hope they'll catch something before it happens. Right now I'm just hoping to make it to 37 weeks, and then they can take him! He's still breech, so I'm already wrapping my head around a C-section.

photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • How many weeks are you?    I am 30 weeks was diagnosed pree at 22 weeks.

What treatment has your OB prescribed?  Started out modified bed rest until 26 weeks when BP climbed even higher 160/100.  Now on strict bed rest. Ihave growth scans every 4 weeks an OBvisits once a week.  Check BP every 6 hours.

What type of bed rest are you on? Strict bed rest

When does your OB plan to induce? Currently trying to make it to 34 weeks.  If everything still progressing slowly then new goal for 36 weeks.

• I had preeclampsia with my dd and was told I had to deliver. I was 37 weeks so it may hv been a different story if I wasn't that far along. I had bp of 140/90 and protein of 3. I'm 15 weeks along with my 2nd. I hope I don't get it this time but you never know. I now see an MFM and they're watching me closely. I hv an irritable uterus and hv had contractions for the past week: wishing everyone healthy thoughts!
  • How many weeks are you?

I take a high dose of bp meds, bedrest, high protein low sodium diet, weekly appointments and we will be starting weekly NST and BP tests soon

Very strict bedrest, possible hospital bedrest in the near future

He hasn't given me an exact time frame, we are just taking it week by week

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • How many weeks are you? Found out at my 33w appt
    What treatment has your OB prescribed?  None it was too late
    What type of bed rest are you on? No bedrest
    When does your OB plan to induce?I sent immediately to the hospital for monitoring, then put on mag. salfate to prevent stroke. My water broke that night and I ended up delivering DD the next day. She was born at 33w 4d at 4lbs 10.5 oz and 18 inches long. She spent the next 13 days in the NICU.

Praying you can hold off a few more weeks. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"