May 2013 Moms

For those with High Blood Pressure

How high was it when the Dr. became concerned?

Did you have any symptoms or did you just go in for a check and it was high?

My last OB appointment I was normal (and always have been around 108/65) but the past week I have had swelling in my hands and feet and some water weight gain.  I just checked it at Rite Aid and it was 144/83.  I called my OB and am waiting for a call back.  I know it isn't super high but just curious what others have been concerned over.  Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

Re: For those with High Blood Pressure

• I have pre existing HBP and I take meds and it still runs a little high but they aren't as good as my pre pregnancy meds. But my OB told me as long as it isn't above140/90 he wasn't concerned. But it could just be a fluke that it was up that high. For me the slightest stress or aggravation raise it. 
  • ALP514ALP514 member
    I have had high blood pressure since before I was pregnant and mine fluctuates. For me my doctor gets concerned when its higher then 140 / 90 but there has been times that it went to 150 or 160. Im not sure how far long you are but she did let me know that towards the end is when your blood pressure tends to rise. Swelling around you ankles are normal but since you do have swelling in your hands as well they may have you do a 24 hr urine catch. I had mine done the other day due to protein in the urine and high blood pressure. Its better to be safe then sorry.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Sounds like I am right on the borderline.  Since it's Friday they won't be able to get me in anyway for testing and it's probably not a L&D worthy issue.  I will likely have to wait until my regular appt on Tuesday.

BabyFruit Ticker  

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• I've had HPB prior to pregnancy as well (and like a PP said, even a little bit of anxiety definitely raises mine). My BP is always high at the doctor so they have me monitoring at home. 

I check mine at home several times a week to make sure the overall baseline BP isn't getting too high. She did say it might creep up a little bit the last couple of weeks of pregnancy.

FWIW, My doc said to test again if I'm above the 140's/High 80's to call it doesn't come down after a couple of readings. I also tell her all of my readings at each weekly appointment. If I'm in the 150s or 160s/90's, she definitely wants me to call right away. She also said to call with any swelling in the hands, headaches (particularly those right behind the eyes) and any vision changes/floaters. 

Good Luck. Pre-E isn't something to mess with so I would definitely keep an eye out for any of these symptoms. Better safe than sorry! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemishy2006:
    imageJLGrove:
    Sounds like I am right on the borderline.nbsp; Since it's Friday they won't be able to get me in anyway for testing and it's probably not a Lamp;D worthy issue.nbsp; I will likely have to wait until my regular appt on Tuesday.
    Take it easy this weekend and make sure you call if you get any of the sudden swelling or headaches. Good excuse for a movie marathon and some relaxation!
    Thank you! I like that advice!

BabyFruit Ticker  

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• I was admitted to the high risk unit when my blood pressure hit 150 over 90. While there I was on strict bed rest and ended up with one reading of 169 over 98. I was induced two days later.
  • Ceci131Ceci131 member
    I just got put on bed rest with 145/93. I do have history of pre-e though.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image image image
  • I just started experiencing high blood pressure as well. I've never had it in my life or throughout this pregnancy but at my appointment this week I came in around 135/80. The baby's pulse was also a bit lower than normal, so when I asked my doctor about both she said she wasn't too concerned yet. That these numbers were only considered a little bit elevated and since I would be back in a week anyway she wasn't worried. She also said that this late in the pregnancy (I'm 38 weeks) really little things can drastically change your blood pressure (simply one meal with a bit more salt could be the cause).
  • I was put on bed rest because it got up to 150/90. I checked it Friday night and it was up to 155/88, that personally scared me so I went in to L&D for observation but they really didn't seem too concerned, spent about 5 hours hooked up to monitor and everything looked good and it eventually went down, although it spiked right before I left after I got up to go to bathroom. I can hardly be up doing anything with out it raising.  Dr. at hospital said they really don't see it as an emergency situation where they would want to take baby early unless it gets close to 200/100 or so. I was like omg I hope I never get that high. Anyway, Dr. appt. on Tuesday so we will see what he suggests. Overall, I have had a very healthy pregnancy so for me this blood pressure then kind of scares me. Good Luck to you and may we both get some good rest!
  • mytincmytinc member
    I went in for a check up Thursday and had high BP. It had been normal up to then. Readings were around 150s over 100. I was 3 cm dilated and would be 38 weeks the following day. So my OB sent me to Labor and Delivery for monitoring. The upper number dropped into the 140s and eventually the 130s, but the lower number stayed 95 to 99. I was induced that night since I was considered full term. I didn't have any other PreE symptoms that really stood out, although some were borderline. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"