December 2010 Moms

Can I unload on you ladies?

Title: Can I unload on you ladies? 

So as a few of you probably remember DH and I quit our jobs and moved back home in December.  Since then we've been on a terrible emotional roller coaster of applying/interviewing/not getting jobs.  Finally this week DH landed a permanent FT job.  Hurray!  The problem?  It only pays $11 an hour while he is training.  Once her receives his license as a mortgage broker he will be bumped up to $12 and be able to receive performance bonuses and commission.   That will take 60 days.

I also have been offered a temp job through August making $9.50 an hour.  I calculate it will take about 2 gallons of gas to drive to that position, so my take home pay will be about  $66.  Oh, and we have no idea what to do with DD.  (I was told today that I had the job and if I want it I will start on Monday.)  Obviously traditional DC is out.  FIL is retired but, to be blunt, too lazy and fat to take care of DD for more than a few hours.  I have an aunt who does in home DC but I don't know if she can take DD or what she charges.  I have another aunt who is raising her 3 yr old grandson who probably would take DD for at least a few weeks for little to no charge, but my derelict cousin who really should be in jail lives with her and that makes me really hesitant.  I have another couple relatives that I could probably get to do one day a week, but I really don't want to drop her off at a different place every day.

Oh, and right now we literally have $30 until our next paycheck.  We have no credit to speak of and are otherwise screwed.  I seriously can't decide if the money that I could make at this job would be worth the childcare issues or if I should say no and just keep looking for work closer to home with a better payout? I seriously feel screwed no matter what we do.

Thanks for reading this and any advice/sympathy you can give.

image  image
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Re: Can I unload on you ladies?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"