May 2013 Moms

PUPP help please!

I recently got told by my doc that I had PUPP and that's why my belly has been excruciatingly itchy. She gave me some stuff that might help but since there is no real cure for it besides delivery I am still screwed cause it didn't work. I have used the cream and the pills religiously and I am still itchy out of my mind. I really do not want to be induced cause she did say she would if it got much worse since my belly is already inflamed and raw.

Anyone else have this and is there any relief?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PUPP help please!

• I know your pain. I took a warm bath in the avenno oatmeal. And used gold bond anti itch lotion with aloe. No cure just momentary relief.
    LovedBy2
  • LN1024LN1024 member
    No experience or ideas, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you. There are few things that really bother me, and having itchy skin is one of them. Here's to hoping you feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Is Zantac safe during pregnancy? I had an allergic reaction a few years back where my entire body broke out in itchy blisters. Crazy as it sounds, My doc recommended Zantac for the itching and it was miraculous.
  • imagelauren5228:
    Is Zantac safe during pregnancy? I had an allergic reaction a few years back where my entire body broke out in itchy blisters. Crazy as it sounds, My doc recommended Zantac for the itching and it was miraculous.

zantac is safe during pregnancy. It is an H2 histamine blocker so might be worth a shot. You should be able to take in combo with Benadryl which is an H1 histamine blocker to cover all of your bases. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had it with my twin pregnancy. Unfortunately the only relief is delivery. As soon as I delivered the itch went away! Then I just had to suffer through all the rawness of my skin from months of scratching.
  • There are a lot of suggestions on this page: 

https://www.naomikritzer.com/motherhood/PUPPP.shtml

I came across that website when my OB thought I might have PUPPs. Although, after seeing a dermatologist, we figured out I had just developed an allergy to Bounce.

At the time, however, my OB prescribed a cream compound of triamcinolone-menthol-velvachol. It was the only thing that relieved my rash and intense itching. You might want to ask about it.

Good luck!

• I have it too! Aveeno has helped a lot along with a little powder to keep it from getting sweaty. (Gross I know but I live in AZ and it has already been over 100 degrees here).

My midwife also gave be a prescription for an antihistamine to help take the edge off the itch. The only problem is it makes me drowsy so I usually only take it at night, but at least I don't wake up itching!

Hop you find some relief! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have it too, and it is awful!!  The one thing I've found that has brought awesome relief is ice packs.  Hydrocortisone cream and Benadryl help somewhat, but icing my belly has been the most comforting if you haven't tried it yet. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had it with my DD about 12 years ago. It's awful! I'm so sorry you're dealing with it this late in pregnancy. I had it at about 24 weeks, and the doctor gave me a prescription for an antihistamine. It cured it almost immediately. Can you ask about an antihistamine? Good luck!!!!
    Soon to be a mom of 7! Guess who's in the market for a 12-passenger van!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"