May 2013 Moms

You know it's close when...

... the expiration date on the milk in your fridge is later than the EDD of your baby. 

For those of you who haven't had your babies yet, what little things have made you realize just how close it is getting?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: You know it's close when...

• ksimmyksimmy member
    Just got milk today and thought the same thing!!! Expires 5/20 and I expire 5/15 :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For the past 2 nights I've been getting mild contractions (I haven't had/noticed any contractions throughout). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just noticed today that my online countdown said 13 days, I am so in denial that its this close!! Cant wait though : ))
  • Boo0512Boo0512 member

I've been having stronger contractions than before. Also, having the nursery finished and everything ready, I'm just kind of sitting here waiting for it to happen.

• burkemsburkems member
    We actually bought diapers at Sam's Club on Friday. That was kind of like uhhhh holy crap. Enough for me to actually start cleaning the nursery and getting stuff out of the attic today.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • Probably the fact that my due date was yesterday and I still have an inside baby. Ugh
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JuberPJuberP member
    Suddenly started paying attention to what I'm eating. Trying to avoid foods that stick, like lots of cheese, etc.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSydney0130:
    Probably the fact that my due date was yesterday and I still have an inside baby. Ugh

Ugh is right! Went to grocery store today and everyone was asking how close I am. Got some sympathetic looks when I said yesterday... Hope it won't be too much longer!
  • ALL THE MOTHER'S DAY COMMERCIALS. I never paid attention to them before now, but my EDD is 5/12/13, Mother's Day, and I cant tell you how "in my face" all the advertising feels. I feel like it's the universe's way of saying "FYI, your due date is coming!!!" Im so anxious and feeling very impatient about the whole thing...I sincerely hope Im a mom by Mother's Day, I am ready to be DONE with pregnancy.
    DS 5/10/13
    New Bundle of Joy- EDD 10/27/16
  • imageJuberP:
    Suddenly started paying attention to what I'm eating. Trying to avoid foods that stick, like lots of cheese, etc.

Totally this! And paying attention to foods that don't stick! Bean and cheese burritos should be cut off from now on!
    ::mobile smiley face::

bfp #1 10/15/2009 m/c 11/4/09 10 weeks Lily you are not forgotten
    bfp #2 4/5/2010 CP, m/c 4/12/10 5 weeks Baby Lo
    Diagnosed PCOS 10/10 RX 1500 mg Metformin/day
    bfp#3 4/5/2011 Missed m/c discovered 5/24/2011 (10w 5d) baby Asher stopped growing at 6 weeks
    I know he is playing with his siblings in heaven right now...

rx'd factor II gene mutation 7/11 prescribed 5000 units Heparin daily
    rx'd Sjogren's Disease 8/11

bfp #4 9-6-2012 RAINBOW Baby Ky born 5-9-13
    bfp #5 8-26-14  RAINBOW #2 Due 5-8-2015

baby development
  • When I noticed I only have 20 days left.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Every time someone makes a reservation at work for the show on 5/18, my EDD.
    Photobucket Our fur babies, Stella and Falkor!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • For me, just the fact that it's actually May. It took so long, but somehow came so fast :)
  • imageMrsM1111:
    imageSydney0130:
    Probably the fact that my due date was yesterday and I still have an inside baby. Ugh

Ugh is right! Went to grocery store today and everyone was asking how close I am. Got some sympathetic looks when I said yesterday... Hope it won't be too much longer!

Seriously! Fingers crossed we will have these babes ASAP.
  • imageSydney0130:
    imageMrsM1111:
    imageSydney0130:
    Seriously! Fingers crossed we will have these babes ASAP.

I feel your pain, ladies! 

• imageburkems:
    We actually bought diapers at Sam's Club on Friday. That was kind of like uhhhh holy crap. Enough for me to actually start cleaning the nursery and getting stuff out of the attic today.

I just bought diapers and wipes for the first time today and that helped it hit home as well!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagenykkybaby:
    imageJuberP:
    Totally this! And paying attention to foods that don't stick! Bean and cheese burritos should be cut off from now on! ::mobile smiley face::

I didn't even think of this!  My dinner plans for tomorrow were for a Mexican dish with lots of pepper jack cheese.  Maybe not the best idea I've ever had. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagestar510:

imagenykkybaby:
    imageJuberP:
    Totally this! And paying attention to foods that don't stick! Bean and cheese burritos should be cut off from now on! ::mobile smiley face::

I didn't even think of this!  My dinner plans for tomorrow were for a Mexican dish with lots of pepper jack cheese.  Maybe not the best idea I've ever had. 

Dumb question -- What do you ladies mean by foods that "stick"? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageburkems:

I agree! Buying diapers and wipes made it seem so close to me. Time to get stuff out of storage.
  • I was on bed rest since 28 weeks and wasn't supposed to make it to May, nevermind my due date. My due date is a week from today, the anticipation is killing me!
  • almost all of us have watermelon tickers now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Another one hit me this morning, my due date is now on the 10 day weather forecast. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • All of my emails are telling me I've already had my baby! 2 days passed my EDD and the bump is telling me only 363 days till baby's first birthday!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagecmcraige:
    imagestar510:

imagenykkybaby:
    imageJuberP:

Not dumb, I was asking myself the same question! 

• imagenortiz03:
    imagecmcraige:
    imagestar510:

imagenykkybaby:
    imageJuberP:

Not dumb, I was asking myself the same question! 

Food like cheese tends to stick in your digestive track and make you constipated.  Food like beans tend to not stick, i.e., give you diarrhea. Aren't you glad you asked?  If you're about to have a baby, I don't think either of those options are great.  Although, personally my body seems to alternate from one to the other these last few weeks, so not sure how much it matters what I eat. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"