Stay at Home Moms

birthday party favor poll

I am looking at party supplies to order online for DDs second birthday. I was originally going to do a pinata, then DH suggested favor bags might be more age appropriate. I was planning to get the package of favor stuff (small Minnie themed toys) and some themed candy and call it a day. Half of the kids will be two or under and half will be four or older. I think the parents of the younger kids would prefer on edible favor (like a Minnie Mouse shaped sugar cookie) as opposed to a gift bag. Which would you do?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: birthday party favor poll

• Ugh- I hate favor bags. I threw out 2 bags today from a party.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yes to the cookie over small minnie themed toys. They're usually so cheap and can be small enough to be choking hazards. For DD's party, we are doing a small sock hop themed rubber duck from oriental trading and a small box of cracker jacks.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • la79alla79al member
    I have 1 kid who will be 5 this week and DD2 is 2.5.  We are doing a party for DD1 next week and I am struggling to come up with goody bag stuff that is not more little junky toys.  I would totally go with something like a cookie (maybe a decorate your own type thing, if you're brave) for all kids.  I do know that when DD1 was smaller, we went to a party where they gave out the little 'my first look and find' books and she LOVED it.  We still have it and both girls still like looking at it.  At the same time, I picked up a little Minnie Mouse figurine for DD2 at the dollar tree in March and she carries that thing around constantly, so maybe something like that.  I also think a pinata would be better suited for a later birthday. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  •  

I don't want to throw away twenty bucks. I will just do the cookies. Much cheaper too! Do you think one cookie each is a lame favor? Should i do more than one in each bag? Or add something else?

• It depends on the size of the cookie. One 3" cookie is lame but one 6" cookie would be fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesabrina69barnes:
    It depends on the size of the cookie. One 3" cookie is lame but one 6" cookie would be fine.

OK. I'm thinking maybe a couple of sugar cookies in each.  When you do favors like this do you have enough for all guests or just kids? 

• Maybe I'm in the minority - but if the other kids will be two - I'd go for something different.  If the kids had cake or something similar at the party, the last thing I'd want is to leave with more sugar!  I'd be up for bubbles or playdoh or sidewalk chalk or something like that.  We'd totally pitch a cookie!
    SAHM to Eli, born 11.26.11
  • imageMarymak07:
    Maybe I'm in the minority - but if the other kids will be two - I'd go for something different.  If the kids had cake or something similar at the party, the last thing I'd want is to leave with more sugar!  I'd be up for bubbles or playdoh or sidewalk chalk or something like that.  We'd totally pitch a cookie!

https://www.partycity.com/product/minnie+mouse+grab+n+go.do?green=2735D953-6287-5FA1-B4CD-1D1EFF3DC57D

How about something like this?  Maybe this and a cookie?  I could do a Mickey version for the boys.   

• imageNandaB:
    What I always get from these posts is you can't make everyone happy... 'I hate goodie bags with toys! They are crap and I rip them from my kids hands and throw them in the trash the second we walk out of the party!!!' 'I hate goodie bags with food! My kid already had cake they don't need more sugar!!!' ::paraphrased obviously:: Eta: for G's party we are going to have a pinata AND goodie bags with crap toys and food, so I piss everyone off ;o]

Haha Seriously!  I think we will just do cookies.  We will have blow out things on the tables and ears for the kids instead of party hats. 

• I would also do bubbles/side walk chalk.  Dollar tree had a bock of sidewalk chalk for $1.  I really limit my 2 year olds sugar so I really wouldn't want her getting more sugar.  I'm sure the older ones can handle a bit more.  I doubt anyone would be sad taking home a think of bubbles or sidewalk chalk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehheyderh:
    I would also do bubbles/side walk chalk.  Dollar tree had a bock of sidewalk chalk for $1.  I really limit my 2 year olds sugar so I really wouldn't want her getting more sugar.  I'm sure the older ones can handle a bit more.  I doubt anyone would be sad taking home a think of bubbles or sidewalk chalk.

Here is my age range:

1- 5 month old (girl)

2- 1 year olds (boy/girl)

3- 2 year olds (girls)

2- 3 year olds (boy/girl)

1- four year old (boy)

1- 8 year old (boy)

Last year, I gave sand buckets, an ocean animal bath toy, bubbles and gold fish no matter what the age for our whale themed party.  I think I spent $ 3-4 per person.  I can't think of anything that would go with this theme and would be around the same that isn't a) junk b) a choking hazard c) a completely different gift for every kid.  I plan to have ears ( a combination of mickey and minnie), blow out toys, and tattoos available to all.  I was thinking if I did the cookies and package two up in each bag, then adults or kids could take them, no problem.  

• imagelexusolsen:

imagehheyderh:
    I would also do bubbles/side walk chalk.  Dollar tree had a bock of sidewalk chalk for $1.  I really limit my 2 year olds sugar so I really wouldn't want her getting more sugar.  I'm sure the older ones can handle a bit more.  I doubt anyone would be sad taking home a think of bubbles or sidewalk chalk.

Here is my age range:

1- 5 month old (girl)

2- 1 year olds (boy/girl)

3- 2 year olds (girls)

2- 3 year olds (boy/girl)

1- four year old (boy)

1- 8 year old (boy)

Last year, I gave sand buckets, an ocean animal bath toy, bubbles and gold fish no matter what the age for our whale themed party.  I think I spent $ 3-4 per person.  I can't think of anything that would go with this theme and would be around the same that isn't a) junk b) a choking hazard c) a completely different gift for every kid.  I plan to have ears ( a combination of mickey and minnie), blow out toys, and tattoos available to all.  I was thinking if I did the cookies and package two up in each bag, then adults or kids could take them, no problem.  

Yep, sounds like a plan. My almost 2 year old would love the ears and blow out thing. And, I'm a bad mom and would let her have the cookies, well I'd probably help :) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageTheGriffs:
    imagelexusolsen:

imagehheyderh:

Yep, sounds like a plan. My almost 2 year old would love the ears and blow out thing. And, I'm a bad mom and would let her have the cookies, well I'd probably help :) 

:) I'm sure I would too!  I get that not everyone gives their kids cookies and such.  I don't normally either but its a birthday party... I'd rather people throw out cookies I made from scratch then spend $20- $30 on stuff they will throw out.

• DochasDochas member
    I love any kind of toy in a goodie bag.  I HATE candy and cookies.  I find it so strange when people throw away the goodie bag.  You know it isn't for you, right?  Even when it's some sugary/crap type food I still let him have it.
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love personalized party favors. Etsy has some great affordable options. Last year for DS's party we did pails and shovels ($5 each) and this year I ordered water bottles which included wrapping ($6 each).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"