May 2013 Moms

My May baby was a March baby...

Hi everyone. I posted back in March that my water broke (Hospital Bedrest thread here). I was 31 weeks and one day - they got me to 33 weeks exactly. They were planning a c-section for April 7 (34 weeks), but were thinking about one on April 1. The night of March 30, I started getting contractions (although I was hoping it was indigestion) but by the next morning, they knew they were going to do a c-section. My little princess decided she didn't want to be an April Fool, she wanted to be an Easter Bunny. Luckily, my husband and the grandparents had time to get there and Parker Lauryn was born that afternoon.

She did great initially - 3 lbs, 10 ozs and breathing on her own. She had to get an NG Tube (feeding tube) in her nose, so that was expected and she sailed along - after 6 days, they decided to move her from the Nicu to the step-down Nicu (where I could stay in the room with her all day and night). She was there for almost two weeks - we were just waiting for her to take all of her bottles, when she developed NEC. For those who don't know what that is - it's basically a bacteria infection that can develop in preemies and can require surgery. Taken VERY seriously and was absolutely terrifying time - she was sent across the street to the children's hospital. Thankfully she never required surgery. She stayed in Children's for 11 days and moved to a similar step-down NICU last Sunday. Finally, yesterday, we got her discharge orders and she's home.

I'm not going to lie, after two boys who were nearly 9 lbs, it's a little scary having this (now) 5 lb little peanut at home. She's the sweetest baby - only cries if I change her diaper or clothes, but she's still young (I would have been 38 weeks gestation tomorrow). I do hope she starts crying a bit more - right now we have to wake her up and encourage her to eat because she's so little, so I'll be glad when she sets her own schedule. It's such a relief to be home - being away from my family for over 40 days was extremely rough (even though they did visit quite a bit) and I missed my oldest son's 10th birthday, but at least he was old enough to understand. And now that we're home, he wants to hold her all the time :)

DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013

Re: My May baby was a March baby...

• Wow, congrats on your little girl.  I am so sorry you guys had a rough time there for a bit.  I am so glad to hear she is doing well now.  Thoughts and prayers she continues to do well. 

• Congratulations on your little girl. Glad she was finally able to come home. Thoughts and prayers that she continues to grow strong.

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations that everything worked out great and you have a healthy baby! Thoughts and prayers still coming your way!
  • blush64blush64 member
    Glad to hear things are going well. I'm sorry that it was such a rouch time for you and your family. Best wishes for the future!
  • I am glad your little girl is home and doing better! Well-wishes going her way that she continues to thrive and grow big and strong!
  • What a scary time! I'm so glad she made it through NEC without surgery and that you are all finally home together!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • April!April! member

Wow! I'm glad she's doing better and hope she continues to thrive!

(My b-day is March 31 too! It's a good day for a birthday.) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • Congrats on getting your LO home! My May baby was a February baby so I know the fear and emotional roller coaster that is the NICU all too well. Good luck and hope your little girl continues to grow and do well!!
    TTC since 10/1/10 BFP 1/14/11 MC @ 6w 3d 1/17/11 2 Rounds Clomid 50mg + ovidrel trigger=BFN SA=Normal HSG= tubes clear July 2012 gonal-f and +ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFN August 2012 gonal-f + ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFP!! Beta 8/24 12dpo 166!! Beta#2 8/28 16dpo 942!!! EDD 5/4/13 9/10-First US-TWINS!! 2 beautiful little HB's, 1/3/13 said good-bye to our little boy. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats on your baby girl and getting home.  Hope things go very smoothly as she grows and thrives.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats on your little girl! I am happy for you and your family that she is doing well and was able to come home. T and Ps she continues to do so well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How wonderful that you are all home now! Congratulations on your LO!
    Photobucket Our fur babies, Stella and Falkor!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So glad you are all home! Congrats on your little girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

I'm going to school to become a midwife! 
    You can follow my journey here: http://midwife101.wordpress.com
  • I'm so glad your little girl is doing well and you've been able to take her home with the rest of your family.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ALP514ALP514 member
    Congrats, so glad your finally able to enjoy your baby girl at home. I was a preemie born 3lbs 2 0z , shes a champ!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I am so thankful you updated us and so glad your peanut is home!

bfp #1 10/15/2009 m/c 11/4/09 10 weeks Lily you are not forgotten
    bfp #2 4/5/2010 CP, m/c 4/12/10 5 weeks Baby Lo
    Diagnosed PCOS 10/10 RX 1500 mg Metformin/day
    bfp#3 4/5/2011 Missed m/c discovered 5/24/2011 (10w 5d) baby Asher stopped growing at 6 weeks
    I know he is playing with his siblings in heaven right now...

rx'd factor II gene mutation 7/11 prescribed 5000 units Heparin daily
    rx'd Sjogren's Disease 8/11

bfp #4 9-6-2012 RAINBOW Baby Ky born 5-9-13
    bfp #5 8-26-14  RAINBOW #2 Due 5-8-2015

baby development
  • Congratulations and glad to hear everyone is home safe and healthy.
  • OMG, what a scary ordeal for you and your family!  That's wonderful that she's home and I hope she continues to do well!  
  • MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    Congrats on your baby girl!  DS was supposed to be a May baby, but decided to be March as well, born at 33 weeks too!  So glad she's home and doing well :)
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• Congrats on your sweet baby girl! Glad she is home now. Many thoughts and prayers that she continues to grow and do well!

• I'm glad she's doing well and is finally home!
  • Aw congrats! Glad to hear she is doing well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"