April 2013 Moms

Well crap

Postpartum hormones just hit me like a brick wall. Last time I was done with the weeping when my milk came in. This time, milk first then weeping. I just feel so overwhelmed and I want life to get back to normal, but with two kids now, I don't know what that normal is. Things with DH are strained right now too which isn't helping. How have the rest of you managed to get your sh!t together? I don't know if I should just give in and go have a good sobfest or if that will just result in a headache without any improvement in my emotional outlook. I hate being a watering pot. Ugh.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Well crap

• I just let myself cry and kept reminding myself that nothing was really wrong.. MH was great and just sat there handing me tissues and offering hugs. I've always thought it was better to let it out than keep it in.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • imageachickpea:
    I just let myself cry and kept reminding myself that nothing was really wrong.. MH was great and just sat there handing me tissues and offering hugs. I've always thought it was better to let it out than keep it in.

This!  I was a complete wreck a few days ago, have felt *relatively* normal the past day or two, but have a feeling it'll come back.  I was weepy over EVERYTHING I think the very best thing to do is let it out, talk through it.. even when I was sobbing over nothing, just saying out loud that I knew it wasn't really me, it is the hormones and helping myself rationalize it made me feel so much better and more normal. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageachickpea:
    I just let myself cry and kept reminding myself that nothing was really wrong.. MH was great and just sat there handing me tissues and offering hugs. I've always thought it was better to let it out than keep it in.

Ditto. I hate crying and rarely do, especially in front of anyone. DH just keeps telling me to cry and let it out when I feel like I need to. After a good cry I do feel better.

• jss1482jss1482 member
    Just cry! It feels better and know its temporary, mine lasted about 2 and a half weeks. I am 3 weeks tomorrow and officially mad it 3 whole days without loosing it!
  • KrisM86KrisM86 member
    I can't help crying....for me it comes out whether I want it to or not! Don't feel bad about letting it out though. It almost always helps!

• My hormones have been all over the place. The first couple days home I cried all the time. It was so bad that my husband took the baby and let me sleep for 9 hours and i've been better since.

But today I took a nap and woke up a little bit ago and just feel like crying. I feel over whelmed, I found taking care of my little one was easier when she was in my belly. It was a long journey to get her here, and I feel awful for feeling down.

I hope you feel better. *hugs*
  • Definately have a cry fest!!
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Cry it out girl!  I'm with you with having two children now to look after.  It is hard and the hormones don't help.  Take a minute for yourself and don't feel guilty. 

• Kate_CKate_C member
    Thanks all. Turns out I didn't really have a choice - two meltdowns today. Sigh. On the plus side, the second one was in response to a toddler meltdown and as soon as I started crying, DS stopped. He looked at me like I grew a second head, but no more crying and I got him to snuggle with me for a few minutes. I consider that a win!
  • Definitely give yourself a good cry and then I would take the five minutes when booth kids are sleeping to give DH a hand job. I find my husband is more receptive to talking through how I feel if he has recently had his sexuality affirmed. 

I've been trying to hold onto certain routines with my toddler so that neither of us feels that all of life is different. We still do nap time and bed time together and I make his lunch every day. It's not a lot compared to the all day routine we used to have but it seems to be enough to keep us both stable and closely bonded. 

Just take each day as a chance to try and eventually you'll find a happy place with the new version of your family.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"