February 2013 Moms

Mother's day!

This will be my first! I'm so excited! We're just going to delaware to be with my mom and fam, nothing big, i guess its just what the day symbolizes. And I just still can't believe that I'm a mom and have this precious baby boy who is a little piece of me. He amazes me everyday with simple little things like his cute little yawn. Isnt it cool how they just know how to do certain things? I know its silly...but its so cute how he knows how to yawn instinctually...lol.

Re: Mother's day!

• Lbug09Lbug09 member
    Anyone doing anything special?
  • DH made reservations for brunch at one of my favorite places and I am getting a spa day:) can't wait! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm going back to work since getting put off work the week before he came. 
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • Our anniversary is on the 10th so we're probably going to get a fancy schmancy hotel room at the coast. We'll have E with us so we'll get to celebrate our anniversary and Mother's Day at the beach.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I plan to steal my mom for the day and spend it in the garden planting with her and my daughter and making sun tea. The hubby will be on baby duty and smoking a tri tip on the BBQ for me. :) Probably sounds totally lame but for me, it sounds like heaven :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH is working next Sunday so we're celebrating today. He's sending me to the spa for a mani/ pedi and a massage, we'll then go to a neighboring town's street fair, and we'll order in dinner.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Drea926Drea926 member
    I have no idea! DH said he had a few thing to finalize today since I'll be conveniently out this afternoon!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Jealous. You know what my DH said? "You're not MY mom". I don't anticipate anything. And yes his statement makes me cry when I think about it. I truly think he's so freaking oblivious and dumb about it. And no, he's not typically this insensitive.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • nlp1990nlp1990 member
    imageartroyer:
    Jealous. You know what my DH said? "You're not MY mom". I don't anticipate anything. And yes his statement makes me cry when I think about it. I truly think he's so freaking oblivious and dumb about it. And no, he's not typically this insensitive.

This exactly!
  • imageartroyer:
    Jealous. You know what my DH said? "You're not MY mom". I don't anticipate anything. And yes his statement makes me cry when I think about it. I truly think he's so freaking oblivious and dumb about it. And no, he's not typically this insensitive.

My DH wasn't quite that blunt, but when I said it was next week his response was, "Do you know what you want? Is it some big extravagant thing or event that I will never be able to pull off or am supposed to guess?" Two things: 1. I don't want to TELL you what I want, like a kid on Santa's lap. I'd like you to put some thought and originality into it and come up with your own plan I actually had no specific ideas. 2. Way to make me feel like some high maintenance broad who is making life difficult for you. 

This is especially hurtful because I take care of DS pretty much alone 24/7 while he goes to school and work. He hasn't done a MOTN feeding, a load of laundry or emptied the dishwasher, or any real houeshold chores since DS has been born and I've been on maternity leave. I'd say I've earned a day to be appreciated. That and I already started planning his Father's Day present. Ugh, sorry for the rant. I guess this post struck a chord with me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"