Cloth Diapering

Newborn doesn't like prefolds

I don't think my 15 day old likes prefolds. I tried one on her and she cried and cried and cried and as soon as I took it off she was fine. My DH thinks it was restricting her leg movement because of the bulk but they're infant size prefolds so I cant go any smaller. I know it wasn't too tight because I could still slide my finger in between the diaper and her skin. Has anyone else had a problem with their LO not liking prefolds? We were using the newspaper fold and she has chunky thighs.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Newborn doesn't like prefolds

• was the diaper wet? some babies are more sensitive to feeling wet than others...

maybe she just likes being naked...ds loves his air time! and sometimes has a meltdown when we put a diaper...any diaper...on him!
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO cried during most diaper changes for a long time. She seemed to prefer staydry diapers, but she got used to wearing whatever. Some prefolds and fitteds can be really bulky, but they don't need to move much at that age so I would keep trying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Try the bikini twist fold instead. It leaves a lot less bulk between the legs.
  • DD was/is very sensitive. We had to wait to CD until she was 3 wks and fit in her OS pockets. DS, on the other hand, could care less about what he's wearing. You could try a fleece liner to help with the wet feeling.
  • imagethemrsbird:
    was the diaper wet? some babies are more sensitive to feeling wet than others... maybe she just likes being naked...ds loves his air time! and sometimes has a meltdown when we put a diaper...any diaper...on him!
    This.  DS has never liked putting his diaper on.  Distracting him with singing when he was little helped him with the diaper changes.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Fleece liners really helped us with our little one who hates feeling wet!
    5 failed clomid/femara cycles led to injects and IUI = BFP December 2011! Enjoying life with Owen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My son cried at every diaper change (we started out in sposies for the first few weeks). I wouldn't read too much into it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We used osocozy infant prefolds and my DD screamed in them till we took them off! I posted about it during that time and I ended up waiting till she was a little bigger, about a week, and tried the bikini twist and she was much happier. The newspaper fold was too thick between her legs and the prefold went too far down her legs bc she was so tiny, 7.11lbs and she couldn't scrunch up her legs.
  • DS cried when he wet in his prefolds as a newborn.  To me they are still adjusting to all this new stuff outside the womb.  We would just change DS when he got wet which did end up being about 12 times per day but we were up anyway for feedings.  I wouldn't worry about it.  LO will eventually get used to the wet feeling and really not mind.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imagess456:
    Try the bikini twist fold instead. It leaves a lot less bulk between the legs.

This. :) 

photo 531db2b9-4d83-4d72-a50b-074d44f8cd51_zps7e3cb247.jpg
  • imagess456:
    Try the bikini twist fold instead. It leaves a lot less bulk between the legs.

This!  My son cried as soon as he peed (took me a while to realize he hated feeling wet when he was a newborn).  Next baby we will be using fleece liners wih our prefolds.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"