Baby Names

Boy Name...

Thank you all for the feedback on the name Ruby the other day :). For a boy my DH and I have discussed the names Asher or Archer and we can't seem to decide!  Out of the 2 names what would you prefer?  Or do you not like either one? Lol!  Picking names is hard work ;). Thanks in advance!

Re: Boy Name...

• F47F47 member
    I like them both. But prefer Archer. Really cute!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ZimgerZimger member

I prefer Archer.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Asher, for me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I prefer Archer, but don't hate Asher.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Asher the best out of the two.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Neither are really my style (I'm not into the -er style boys names like Hunter, Sawyer, Gunner, etc).  Out of the two, I would definitely pick Asher though.  I can only see Archer as archery and then just think of a bow and arrow. 
  • Not a fan of either one.

Asher looks/sounds weak and soft to me. Also, little kids can't say 'sh' very well, so it always ends up sounding like Asser.

Archer is an occupation name like Hunter and Tyler and I don't see the appeal of them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't mind either. Maybe Asher by a slim margin. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageferris0906:
    Neither are really my style (I'm not into the -er style boys names like Hunter, Sawyer, Gunner, etc).  Out of the two, I would definitely pick Asher though.  I can only see Archer as archery and then just think of a bow and arrow. 

This exactly. 

DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

• imageBlondangel:

Not a fan of either one.

Asher looks/sounds weak and soft to me. Also, little kids can't say 'sh' very well, so it always ends up sounding like Asser.

Archer is an occupation name like Hunter and Tyler and I don't see the appeal of them.

Good point on the 'sh' pronunciation!  Thank you :) 

• imagepseudorunner:
    imageBlondangel:

Not a fan of either one.

Good point on the 'sh' pronunciation!  Thank you :) 

You're welcome!

Asher is extremely popular where I live, and I hear it screamed 'Asser' all over the place.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Asher gets my vote. Archer just doesn't seem like a name to me, like its too close to Archery or too occupational too me.
  • Definitely Asher.
  • Asher! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • imageferris0906:
    Neither are really my style (I'm not into the -er style boys names like Hunter, Sawyer, Gunner, etc).  Out of the two, I would definitely pick Asher though.  I can only see Archer as archery and then just think of a bow and arrow. 

Ditto this. NMS but would pick Asher between the two. 

Anniversary
  • bwralcbwralc member
    Asher. You could always call him Ash for short. I don't like Archer b/c it seems more like an occupation than a name
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love Asher!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Asher. I've never heard Archer as a name.
  • I really don't like either.  But I dislike Archer less than Asher.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• I like Archer better. I love the nickname Archie.
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Kate070Kate070 member
    I've seen several pps rule out Archer because it makes them think of archery.  It makes me think of archery too, but Asher makes me think of ashes.  Archery is cool, and ashes... kind of morbid.  So I'd go with Archer.
    Met my soul mate October 2011 ~ Married August 2012

BFP September 2013 ~ Our baby boy is due May 2014

• capuletcapulet member
    I really love Asher and would have put it on our name list for DS if it worked with our last name.  Archer is fine too - it's the sort of name that is usually not my style (I'm not into occupation names or names that sound like they imply violence), but I kind  of like it anyway.  But I like Asher more.  I like biblical names, and I think even though Asher is becoming popular, it's the sort of classic that will not sound so dated in a few decades.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Kfran84Kfran84 member
    imageKate070:
    I've seen several pps rule out Archer because it makes them think of archery. nbsp;It makes me think of archery too, but Asher makes me think of ashes. nbsp;Archery is cool, and ashes... kind of morbid. nbsp;So I'd go with Archer.

I like this train of thought. I also echo PP's suggestion that Asher seems soft or weak to me. Archer!

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love Archer. I've never been super into Asher.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"