June 2013 Moms
Options

Stupidest Fear Ever

I think I'm afraid of choosing a name for our son.  My husband picked the middle name and I agreed with it.  He left me to choose the first name from among the ones he doesn't hate.  And I can't seem to do it.

I keep worrying that our son will dislike it.  Or I'll decide later that I dislike it.  Or someone else in the family will dislike it. Or it will turn out to be too common, or too uncommon, or not stylish enough, or stylish in the wrong way.  Or that somehow it won't capture his personality with exactly the right nuance. 

This is so stupid.  I know it.  I know I can't satisfy all these requirements for certain now and forever.  I can't predict the future.

But I can't find any name that sits comfortably with me, even though we have several perfectly fine ones.  I'm afraid of making a decision that might not be perfect for him.

(Yes, I realize all the implications this has regarding upcoming motherhood and my personal hangups.  Ugh. That makes it worse.) 

Re: Stupidest Fear Ever

• Options
    Naming a person is really difficult! We have a name but in the back of my mind I keep questioning it. Good luck!
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Options

I could have written that post. DH and I decided on a middle name the day we found out we are having a little boy. We have a list of about 15 boy names and while all of them are great names, I can't help thinking that none of them are perfect yet. It probably doesn't help that everyone in my family, except me, goes by their middle name because they hate their first name. 

My DH keeps saying we have to pick a name that goes from the basketball court to the boardroom and that is so hard!!!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    skioskio member
    I'm super fickle about names. I refuse to choose before meeting the baby, because I just KNOW I'll regret it or change my mind if I decide too soon.

Make a list of two or three and choose when you meet him. :]
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MaelaraMaelara member

imageskio:
    I'm super fickle about names. I refuse to choose before meeting the baby, because I just KNOW I'll regret it or change my mind if I decide too soon. Make a too three and choose when you meet him. :]

This! 

• Options
    I feel the exact same way!
  • Options
    imageRIngReady:

I could have written that post. DH and I decided on a middle name the day we found out we are having a little boy. We have a list of about 15 boy names and while all of them are great names, I can't help thinking that none of them are perfect yet. It probably doesn't help that everyone in my family, except me, goes by their middle name because they hate their first name. 

My DH keeps saying we have to pick a name that goes from the basketball court to the boardroom and that is so hard!!!  

This made me LOL. It sounds like something my DH would say. 

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    mel1987mel1987 member
    I can't decide either, I feel like I keep ending up at square one over and over. Nothing is right. I'm scared about waiting till I see the baby too, because what if seeing her doesn't change anything??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"