July 2013 Moms

Dumb Vent

I don't want to go see the ILs and spend the weekend at their house. Ughhhhh. MIL always makes dumb and passive aggressive comments (you had to pick the hospital that's least convenient for me, since she's born in DC will she need a passport to come home to VA). This lady has become a pain in the a$$ and her comments make me want to spend zero time out there. Also, DH just made reservations for brunch for Mothers Day at a nice restaurant. I don't feel like picking up the god damned bill. Every time we eat out with them we pick up the bill. They have money, pay for your meal every once in a while. This Christmas we went to dinner and paid, this would never fly in my family. Let's just eat at home, my DH will even cook...oh no they want to eat out but don't enjoy paying for it.

Ok, vent over. DH and I are going to BBB today to order the stroller. I plan to spend some extra time there just looking around no enjoying to offset this IL visit. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dumb Vent

• Liz4444Liz4444 member

Aside from the paying thing, do we have the same MIL?  We had done Mother's Day for 2 years at our country club and both times she complained (after hitting up the buffet twice) that it was way too early to eat.  This year we aren't and she asks why not.  Um, how about letting one of your other adult, married children pay for a meal for once!  She is also convinced we are purposely keeping Li away from them even though we told them, whenever you want to see her, call, and if we don't have plans, you are welcome to come over... yeah, happens maybe once a month. 

I'm sorry you have to do a whole weekend without alcohol!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Oh girl, sending you strength!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I cant believe they make you pay for their meals out!  Craziness!  I would not survive!  Maybe you just need to say whatever you feel to her since she has no problem holding back her opinions about stuff you do!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks all, just getting it out of my system helps. Like a fart, a big IL fart. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope your the visit doesn't go as bad as it seems! Make sure to sleep as much as you can, 3rd trimester sure is tiring, lol.
  • imagemaryannespier:
    As a fellow member of the frustrating MIL club, I will keep you in my thoughts this weekend.

can I join the club, please? To the PP, I guess the only bright side of our MILs is that we don't live with them...right? Distance can be sanity-maintaining. 

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"