Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

My Ectopic Update

I found out I was pregnant last week.  I have had the Mirena IUD in for 9 months. I had some bleeding about two weeks before I took a pregnancy test. The bleeding was odd for me, I don't normally have a period with Mirena, I just figured that it was the final build up of lining....I had some odd cramping (even when I do have periods, my lower back hurts, a dull ache, not cramping).  I again just contributed it to the IUD.

I also noticed I was bloated and craving sweets.....My babysitter came back from Hawaii on Monday of the week before and asked me if I was pregnant. I told her no, I had the IUD in and asked her why. She said that she had dreampt I was pregnant. Im not normally superstitious but after all of the "signs" I took a test that Weds. I was shocked.

I called my OB the next day and was seen immediately for a rushed HCG and ultra sound. My HCG was at 15,000 and a mass was seen next to my left ovary. It was ectopic. I, even though we weren't ready for #3 was heart broken.  This whole thing has been a horrible, emotional rollercoaster for me.

I received the Methotrexate shot.  4 days later my HCG was at 12,750. My doc said that if it wasn't at 800, 3 days later that I would have to get another one.  Seriously?! I don't think anyone's levels drop that fast. 

I had my second follow up HCG yesterday. I got the results today that I'm at 9000.  I received my second methotrexate shot today and feel like crap.  

I just want this to be over. If my levels are suitable in 7 days, I will have to have surgery. I'm tired of being poked and prodded like a science experiment.  

Has anyone had two shots before with levels as high as mine? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My Ectopic Update

• My story is different then yours but all our stories are unique.

I am going through my second m/c. The first was back in November. This one all things seemed to be going "well" my levels were dropping well as they should be with a m/c. My bleeding has been a little odd and I have had a constant pain in my right side but this m/c has been extremely different then my last so I didn't think much of it. Well, I went to my post appointment yesterday and got blood drawn thought everything would back as it should and never really thought twice about it. Doctor called today with the results my HCG levels were on the rise again. They had me come into the office and did a sonogram. Turns out I had a dual, or heterotopic, pregnancy. In other words I had a baby in Utero that I am miscarrying and also a pregnancy in my tubes.

I get my first shot on Monday but as far as they told me I will get two. I don't know of that is "normal" or not. Nothing about my situation falls in the "normal" category. But, then again I don't believe in the word normal anymore.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can avoid surgery. Know that we are all here for you no matter what you need.

:: HUGS:: and T nd P for you
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers November 22, 2012: Went into ER with spotting to discover my babies had stopped developing at 10 wks 4 days and 11 wks 3 days. Their hearts no longer beat. EDD:05/27/2013 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers April 22, 2013: Found out I was miscarrying May 3, 2013:Saw baby in Utero and in tubes diagnosed with Heterotopic pregnancy May 7, 2013: Taken into surgery for tubal pregnancy baby and right tube was removed Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Kay6519Kay6519 member
    I'm so sorry you are having to go through all of this! I don't have any experience with ectopic, but I hope that your body takes care of baby without needing surgery! I'll keep you in my prayers!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry to hear about your loss and all the extra pain that has come along with this. I was ectopic but I had surgery. I go hope your body responds and you start to feel better. If you do end up with surgery I can tell you what I went through. I do pray you don't need the surgery. Lots of hugs. I will be thinking of you.

• i went through the same thing only i did nt have mierna, but i was pretty high on hcg and took a shot levels dropped but not as i would of expected, it was by a small number i refused another shot and demanded surgery, i was able to save my ovary and tube and had no scarring,. i knew i needed what was in there out. my dr said the second shot could do the job i said no then when surgery came around she had taken photos of the surgery and showed my family the black tarry susbtence that was in my tube and that i was lucky having been demanding on surgery. i feel your pain, but there is hope after! 2 years later im almost 5 months pregnant : my prayers are with you!
  • I appreciate all the thoughts. I'm just afraid with my luck that I will end up with surgery anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't believe they gave you another round right away. You dropped more than 15% in the 3 days, which is the minimum needed. Hopefully you start to feel better. 
    I had an ectopic, which was discovered when they had me in for a D&C (thought it was a typical miscarriage). I got my first round of MTX injections that day, and got round 2 almost 2 months later. I think I am finally out of the woods with mine, it's been almost 4 months since my first injections. I haven't needed surgery. WIth your numbers going down that quickly, it looks promising that you will be ok after just the meds. Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"