Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Are you reading to your LO?

What books are you loving? I'd love to have some new ideas. We read several times a day. 

I am hooked on Sandra Boynton books. LO loves watching the iPad versions of her books.  So interactive and makes fun noises for him. I also love Little Blue Truck. 

I don't get Good Night Moon at all!  But LO likes the black and white pages. 

Started TTC 2/2009
Started fertility treatments 11/2010
Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
6 failed medicated IUI's
Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
Decided to adopt - 6/2012
SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
Here we go again...
Due 8/26/19!

Re: Are you reading to your LO?

• We just started today.  We read a board book of a way, way, way simplified version of Moby ***.  It is very cute!

• imagejkuhmann:
    We just started today.  We read a board book of a way, way, way simplified version of Moby ***.  It is very cute!

ha! TB blocked diiick.  

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Loading the player...
  • Little Blue is DS's fave. He also likes the sequel. I really like Llama Llama as well. We just got Dr Seuss ABCs. Oh, I almost forgot Otis the Tractor. And check out the That's Not My series. We have that's not my tractor, that's not my donkey, and that's not my snowman.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • imagekellyrn9956:

imagejkuhmann:
    We just started today.  We read a board book of a way, way, way simplified version of Moby ***.  It is very cute!

ha! TB blocked diiick.  

LOL! What if it's someone's name? As in, Van ***?? 

ETA:  I am so excited that two parts of this famous actor's name are censored by TB. That is awesome.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We read "What to do With the Boo-Hoo Baby?" as well as the classic Dr. Seuss. I have a 2 year old, so we read all the time, and DD2 loves looking at the pages.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • We have those books that have pictures of real animals but they have "skin" patches. So a duck has soft fur and alligator has scales. So we read those and I take LOs hand and touch the patches
  • I read several times a day to my toddler, so LO hears the stories too.  I am a teacher so I have tons of books.  DD loves Goodnight Moon, an ABC book, first words books and Eric Carle books.
  • I read him the Sandra Boynton books we have.  Also, the little dr. Suess board books are good too.
  • I have sooooooo many books, but to be 100% truthful, he could care less abotu having a picture book in front of him, and I'm A-okay with that. We're working through a Grimm's treasury right now, he just likes to stare at me while I read and tends to zone out and fall asleep to my voice.

And seriously, Sandra Boynton's "But Not The Hippopotamus"  was a favorite of one of my toddler classes when I worked daycare. I recite that book in my sleep because I've read it so much, lol.

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • ohlordyohlordy member
    I've been reading "World War Z" to O...she dig it! I want her to be prepared for the impending zombie apocalypse. And some Beginning Numbers/Colors books to mix it up.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Yep! My sisters threw me a "once upon a baby" shower, and had everyone bring me their fav kids books, so I have a ton! DS isn't really into it yet, so we stick to the simple ones, Good Night Moon, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, and Little Blue Truck mostly
  • https://pinterest.com/jenna3016/e-s-library/

We read an average of 30 minutes to E every day.

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesarahbethski04:
    We have those books that have pictures of real animals but they have "skin" patches. So a duck has soft fur and alligator has scales. So we read those and I take LOs hand and touch the patches

My brother and sister got my son one of those, from the San Diego Zoo. We love it!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"