April 2013 Moms
Options

May I join the fun?

Hi Ladies!

I just recently discovered this board following the birth of my daughter a couple of weeks ago, and have been lurking for the past few days.  

A little background - I'm Nicole, a FTM and wife of 2 years.  DH and I had a beautiful little girl, Brynn Elizabeth, on 4/16, weighing in at 8 lbs 8 oz and 22 inches long.  We're loving life as a family of three, our main struggle at the time being breastfeeding - I seem to have a low supply in the evenings and as soon as she stops feeding, she starts sucking her hands and fussing again.  It gets quite exhausting by 1AM when she's been either crying or pacifying on the breast for 4-5 hours, but we're trying our hardest to work on it. 

It seems like there are some great women on this board, and I can imagine it will be incredibly fun and helpful as our LO's start to grow up! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: May I join the fun?

• Options
    Welcome and congratulations on your little girl! 
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SRK128SRK128 member
    Welcome and Congrats! Love the name Brynn
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Options
    Welcome! I'm having the exact issue you are. I started taking raspberry leaf tea capsules and drinking mothers milk tea. I also started pumping after every feeding to build supply and then we use that pumped milk to satisfy baby in the evening when I can't. We have also had to supplement formula a few times but are trying to keep it strictly Breastmilk.

I've been on this new "plan" for almost a week and pumping sessions are showing a supply increase.

Good luck!

• Options
    Welcome..u will love this board o didn't post often in the beginning I'm glad I started more though all the girls are awesome and helpful with their inputs info etc.
    Congrats on your baby hope to see pics
  • Options
    MN_JenMN_Jen member
    Welcome, and congrats on your little girl!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! I'm a FTM also and my son was born on April 16 as well!
    CafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats on your LO.
  • Options
    Welcome to the board.

Congrats on the little one!
  • Options
    Welcome!!! I have struggled with BFing as well and my baby pacifies on me for hours!! I understand what you are going through!! This is an awesome group, welcome to it
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It sounds like she's cluster feeding in the evenings, which is perfectly normal. Hang in there. It gets better!
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"