Birthday Parties

Nautical first birthday party food ideas?

I'm having a nautical themed first birthday party for my son in June. The main colors are navy blue, baby blue, and red. I need some food ideas. So far, I'm thinking a veggie tray, fruit cups with red and blue fruit, goldfish crackers, shrimp cocktail, fruit pizza bites with strawberries and blueberries or crab/sailboat cookies, cupcakes, maybe a meat and cheese tray? I want to include some more cutesy nautical themed food. TIA!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Nautical first birthday party food ideas?

• How about crab and artichoke dip with nachos? And if it were my party I would probably set out plain cheesecake and let guests top it with their choice of blueberries, strawberries and or cherries.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • You could get sandwich/cookie cutters in the shapes of boats, anchors, fish, etc and make little shaped sandwiches (maybe with tuna salad inside). I made dinosaur shaped ones for DS's 1st birthday, they were a PITA to make but came out totally cute 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • You could do a clam chowder/crab chowder, although I don't know how warm it will be in June, crab salad or lobster rolls might work better.

Swedish fish/gummy sharks

San dollar cookies

pretzels (nautical knots)

For the fruit I love the idea of the red and blue fruit cups - especially for June when berries are so right there.   You could also do orange slice boats in blue jello (or even strawberry half/quarter boats):

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageblu-eyedwife:

You could do a clam chowder/crab chowder, although I don't know how warm it will be in June, crab salad or lobster rolls might work better.

Swedish fish/gummy sharks

San dollar cookies

pretzels (nautical knots)

For the fruit I love the idea of the red and blue fruit cups - especially for June when berries are so right there.   You could also do orange slice boats in blue jello (or even strawberry half/quarter boats):

Those jello cups are adorable! 

No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• nah82nah82 member

Pepper octopus in the veggie dip/on the veggie tray.

If you want to go with whales instead of goldfish, they carry these at Dollar Tree.

Hot dog octopi?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Mandaline cookies kind of look like sea shells to dip in a sweet sauce. Pasta salad with shell pasta. 

Have fun! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• GromMomGromMom member
    The target brand toothpicks, up and up have an adorable sailboat serving suggestion, it is a granny Smith wedge with a ham sail held together with a toothpick for a mast. I've always meant to try it but haven't done it.
  • Meery82Meery82 member
    Thanks everyone!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • salt78salt78 member

imageGromMom:
    The target brand toothpicks, up and up have an adorable sailboat serving suggestion, it is a granny Smith wedge with a ham sail held together with a toothpick for a mast. I've always meant to try it but haven't done it.

My friend did something like this for her son's 1st birthday. She did apple wedge with a cheese sail though. Very cute!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"