Pregnant after a Loss

2nd tri discharge?

Is there a definition of normal? Should I be worried if the past two days I have had so much that it drenches my pantyliner and leaves marks on my underwear? It is clear and watery....

How do I know if it is discharge or amniotic fluid, or am I just overreacting?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2nd tri discharge?

• BuckyCBuckyC member
    I'm 23 weeks and have the same problem. My doctor wasn't concerned about it. The only thing she told me was that she preferred I not use panty liners and instead change underwear during the day if necessary.

I have heard that amniotic fluid has a sweet smell to it, but this info did not come from my doctor.
  • Sounds normal to me. I use panty liners daily and my Dr. is fine with it. If it has an odor I would definitely alert my Dr. though.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I have tons of discharge. I've mentioned it to my doctor, they said its normal. When I had my a/s, my fluid levels were great and my cervix was closed and long. So I'm definitely not leaking, it's just the joys of pregnancy.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Thanks ladies! I was on crinone til 12 weeks so I'm figuring out what discharge is like!! I will be packing multiple pantyliners and, perhaps, an extra pair of underwear next week!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCaliforniaDream87:
    Sounds normal to me. I use panty liners daily and my Dr. is fine with it. If it has an odor I would definitely alert my Dr. though.

This. 

Rachel (23) and Ben (25)
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Check out my blog.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    BFP #3: 2/14/13 EDD:10/16/2013 (Please stick little one)
  • Oh, good ol' swamp crotch...been dealing with this since the beginning...

I would just talk to your dr if you're concerned but it sounds totally normal to me.  Fishy or yeasty smells indicate infection, change in color are also signs something can be off.  I've had what looks like fertile cervical mucus quite often (and I NEVER had that while TTC). 

Also, from what I have been told by doulas and birth coach, amniotic fluid has a sweetish smell.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"