June 2013 Moms

DH sick [vent]

I know I have so much to be thankful for, great and understanding job, loving family, healthy babies. I'm just so emotional lately. I'm in such a funk of emotional exhaustion. I'm mostly bed rested being 34 wks with twin girls that are at the top 99 percentile in weight and fluid! I'm only 5' tall and am exhausted just going to the bathroom. My BP and HR are great though. 

I know we are at the home stretch and I'm so ready to meet the girls. The emotions with all this is already high, but now my husband is sick with a rare illness, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, from a tick bite. The illness itself is curable because we caught it early, but the fear of organ damage and this toes are still questionable on healing properly. I've been trying to take care of him, but there are still a lot of unknowns being so early. The added stress of both our mothers "killing" me with questions and suggestions, which I know I shouldn't complain about, but makes me feel like I can't even take care of him. I'm just so overwhelmed and scared. This illness just really pulled the rug from under me and I need to brush it off and deal with what I can, one thing at a time. And now I have to make sure I don't get bit too!! 

Just needed to vent. Thanks! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: DH sick [vent]

• Eeek how scary! You have every right to vent dear. I hope he feels better soon.

CJ 05/29/2013

• that has to be scary,but glad you guys found the issue/illness early... I know that advice and stuff from mothers are hard and can make you feel like you aren't doing your duty as a wife... But being pregnant and with twins, you should totally take it as easy as possible... let those babies bake as long as possible, is there anyone you can get one of your mom's or another family member to come help take care of both of you?
    Pregnancy Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG you put my earlier rant to shame.  I can't imagine how you're dealing with all this!  Hope your DH is on the road to recovery soon.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Goodness gracious, lady. I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you guys!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, I've heard of that illness, it's pretty serious, that must be scary!  I'm so glad you guys caught it early and I hope he recovers soon.

Make sure you're getting the rest you need too, I can't imagine how uncomfortable I'd be with one more baby in me.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just want to say how sorry I am you are going through all this. You gave enough on your plate without dealing with DH's illness. Take care of yourself and don't answer the phone when the mother's start calling!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thank you ladies!! I feel more confident that I have a right to be stressed. I said something to the moms and they apologized. They are doing much better now.
    My mother is coming to town Monday with my father to help for a few days. So we are just going to rest this weekend.
    You ladies Rock!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • caffrincaffrin member
    imageCarolinawx:
    I know I have so much to be thankful for, great and understanding job, loving family, healthy babies. I'm just so emotional lately. I'm in such a funk of emotionalnbsp;exhaustion. I'm mostly bed rested being 34 wks with twin girls that are at the top 99 percentile in weight and fluid! I'm only 5' tall and am exhausted just going to the bathroom. My BP and HR are great though.nbsp;I know we are at the home stretch and I'm so ready to meet the girls. The emotions with all this is already high, but now my husband is sick with a rare illness, Rockynbsp;Mountainnbsp;Spotted Fever, from a tick bite. The illness itself is curable because we caught it early, but the fear of organ damage and this toes are still questionable on healing properly. I've been trying to take care of him, but there are still a lot of unknowns being so early. The added stress of both our mothers "killing" me with questions and suggestions, which I know I shouldn't complain about, but makes me feel like I can't even take care of him. I'm just so overwhelmed and scared. This illness just really pulled the rug from under me and I need to brush it off and deal with what I can, one thing at a time. And now I have to make sure I don't get bit too!!nbsp;Just needed to vent. Thanks!nbsp;

That's very scary!! I'm so glad they caught it early.
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"