March 2013 Moms

FF Moms question?

FF moms how much is your baby eating per feeding and how long between feedings?

We are in the process of switching our 8 week old to formula just curious what everyone's doing. Well be seeing the pedi on the 16th so ill ask her too but I wanted to know what other Mommas are doing.

Re: FF Moms question?

• tilsonctilsonc member

I just started on FF as well. We were supplementing before, but I am weaning as I just started work again and I travel. 3-4oz around every 3 hours (give or take) during the day. LO sleeps about 7 hours a night with her last feeding about 10pm and her waking up around 5:30. We use similac advance as its supposed to be the closest to BM. LO seems to like it.

• imagetilsonc:
    I just started on FF as well. We were supplementing before, but I am weaning as I just started work again and I travel. 34oz around every 3 hours give or take during the day.nbsp;LO sleeps about 7 hours a night with her last feeding about 10pm and her waking up around 5:30. We use similac advance as its supposed to be the closest to BM. LO seems to like it.

This is us almost exactly, too. DD eats 3.5 to 4 oz every 2 to 3 hours during the day, and then will sleep from 9 or 10 til 4 or 5 at night and then will go back down for another 3 or 4 hours before we get up for the day.

In all, I make 24 oz in our formula pitcher and that's exactly what she's been eating the last few days. The pedi said even 5 or 6 oz at a time would be normal by the time we go back for her 2 month appointment. Your pedi will probably have you start with the 3 or 4 oz and then offer another oz if LO is fussy and wanting more.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • we do 4-4.5 oz every three hours.  sometimes she'll do a longer stretch overnight, like 4-6 hours, so we'll offer 5 oz.  she eats about 30 oz in a 24 hour period.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Was about to ask the same question! We feed our dd 3 oz every 2 to 3 hours during the day. She has a long 8 to 9 hour stretch at night. Lately she's been fussy after she eats. Not sure if she's still hungry, gassy, or just wants to suck. Sometimes she takes a paci after, sometimes not. Pedi said to hold her off for an hour and see if she's still hungry then give another ounce but that was a couple weeks ago. We also give gas drops after if she's fussy for 10 min or so. She's on enfamil gentle ease and she's 7 weeks. Maybe it's time to increase?
  • lkm2006lkm2006 member
    I've got a hungry boy!

He does 6 oz [sometimes more] every 3 to 4 hours. He wakes up once at night [around 4 or 5] or either not at all.

• Thank you for asking this! Our DD eats about 3 oz. every 2-3 hours and she's just about 5 weeks old. Lately she's wanted another oz. but then will spit up after burping. After she eats she still seems fussy and like she wants more. Any suggestions?
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    We are doing 4oz every 3 hours with one 4-5 hour stretch at night between feedings. Sometimes he'll take an ounce or two more but not too often for me to up it an ounce every feeding.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• tig594tig594 member
    DD was eating 4 ounces every 3-4 hours until this week.  I've just upped her an ounce and she usually sucks it all down.  She is usually up 2-3 times a night to eat but lately has been sleeping a little longer.  Sucks because I'm so used to her getting up at a certain time that I automatically wake up now.  She is usually up around 3-3:30.  I woke up this morning to make her bottle and she slept another hour.  Little stinker.
  • imagesaralynn7:
    Thank you for asking this! Our DD eats about 3 oz. every 2-3 hours and she's just about 5 weeks old. Lately she's wanted another oz. but then will spit up after burping. After she eats she still seems fussy and like she wants more. Any suggestions?

Are you burping her mid bottle? if not, what you might be seeing is the air bubble coming up with the formula that got on top.  Maybe try burping mid bottle, and then see if she still spits up as much; i still feed her some even after a little spit up because like i said, it's not that there isn't room in her tummy its just that an air bubble is bring up some of that formula

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • at almost 8 weeks my LO is now up to 4-5, SOMETIMES 5+ oz of formula. I go 3-3.5 hours. Never longer in the day. I try to make her very last bottle very close to bed time-she doesn't fall asleep on the bottle, but i rock her for about 10-15 minutes afterwards and she crashes. I shoot for 5 bottles a day with one MOTN bottle (usually between 330-430 am).  At 4-5, that puts here at 24-30 oz of formula a day.

This entire week she's slept 8+ hours a night for her first stretch of sleep at night before waking up.

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • We usually do 3 to 4oz every 3 hours but lately he has been wanting 6oz at a couple feedings per day... In general Our peditrician wants him eating between 24 and 36oz per day
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2 to 4 ounces every 3 ish hours. He's pretty inconsistent about the amount. Today was a pretty light day and he left an ounce or two in most of his bottles.

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"