March 2013 Moms

I hate cat naps

I wouldn't say that my little guy is a terrible napper, but man, these cat naps wear me out. I usually get one really good 2+ hour nap, and a decent 45min to 1 hour nap from him during the day, but then the rest are 10-15 minutes cat naps. Whenever he starts yawning or get a bit fussy (and not hungry), I rock and soothe him to sleep, only to have him wake right back up minutes later even before I try to put him down. Ugh! Swaddling doesn't seem to help much, any other suggestions? I use white noise, which helps him fall asleep, but not stay asleep.

Re: I hate cat naps

• how long is he awake between naps?  maybe you're putting him down too early?
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Omg i hate cat naps too. The last 2 days have been the worst. I know she is tired and just wont sleep longer that 10 mins except for long 3 hour nap mid morning.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageVPGIRL06:
    how long is he awake between naps?  maybe you're putting him down too early?

I don't think I am. It is usually over an hour between naps, and not until he starts yawning or fussing. He does take his best naps after a good fussy spell. 

• my LO too.  before i was going when she was yawning but i realized she'll yawn and still have a good 20-30 minutes in her...so now i wait until she gets the "stoner" gaze lol very glassy eyed and her eyes turn red..usually thats her cue.
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Same here! My only saving grace is that with this pattern she will also fall asleep around 9 or 10pm and then sleep till 330!
  • imageahenry143:
    Same here! My only saving grace is that with this pattern she will also fall asleep around 9 or 10pm and then sleep till 330!

Same here! 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"