January 2013 Moms

Moms with girls

When do you plan on painting her toenails? I was at a baby gym class and one of the moms had her DD's toes painted. She was 9 months. This seems really young to me, but what do I know!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moms with girls

• If I did it anytime soon I would use one of those nontoxic kinds like piggy paint. But as squirmy as she is I don't plan on it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ya. That serms really young. I think I'll wait a couple years at least. That young is more for you than for them
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I don't have a girl but one of my friend painted her baby girl's toes while they were still in the hospital! My mom didn't let me paint my nails until I was much older. She also didn't let me get my ears pierced until I was in 3rd grade. I
    hated waiting as a kid but I will do the same for my daughter if I ever have a girl. It was something to look forward to as I got older.
  • Ha!  I agree with PP who mentioned Piggy Paint.

I don't have a set time in mind.  I feel like I can hardly keep up with trimming her nails right now (those things grow SO fast!).  I definitely don't have the inclination to deal with painting her nails right now.  

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I plan to wait until she is a couple years old.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• I was just talking to my SIL about this! DD has some funky feet and I'd love to paint her nails. I'm really not sure what the rule is but it seems like it wouldn't really be all that bad until she can get her feet in her mouth. I probably won't actually bother painting her nails for years though, I can't even keep up with keeping mine painted.
  • I just bought some piggy paint for my 19 month old, but I haven't painted her toenails yet. 
  • How does everyone feel about ear piercing? I got mine done when I was an infant.. 
  • eb1113eb1113 member

With DD1 I started painting her toes last summer.  She was 1 1/2.  My sister actually did it first, without really asking.  I was upset, but whatever.  When it comes to my sister, she doesn't always ask.  She just does.

I will probably wait the same with DD2, unless she sees her big sister getting it done and wants it sooner.  Then I will look for a safer polish.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Not sure, probably around 2-3, if she asks for it

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • DD is 2.5 yrs old and I've never painted her nails - either of them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HildawHildaw member
    When she is old enough to be interested in having it done, whenever that is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"