Babies: 0 - 3 Months

I am so envious...

I am so envious of those of you whose LO's are younger than or around the same age as my LO and are already sleeping through the night. My LO doesn't seem anywhere near that. I'm lucky when she goes 4 hours between feedings. What I wouldn't give for a full night of sleep!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I am so envious...

• Don't be. Most babies don't STTN at a month old. DS didn't until 6 months. Your LO is perfectly normal, and willl STTN when she's ready.
  • tig594tig594 member
    I haven't slept even 6 straight hours in probably 6-7 months.  Man would that be nice.  At this point I'm not even sure I could do it.  I am so in tune with Aria's night feeding schedule now that I wake up before she does.   When I was pregnant I was up every few hours to pee. As my mom would tell me, "It goes with the territory."
  • Loading the player...
  • Leni410Leni410 member
    DD was going 6 to 7 hours at night with 1 9 hour but this past week she's been going 4 hours. I think it constantly changes when they are this young.
  • MSW_721MSW_721 member
    DS didn't sleep through the entire night until he was a year old.  I'm hoping DD is my good sleeper!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • heddy79heddy79 member
    Tell me about it.  I haven't STTN since August.  Once I hit about 9 weeks pregnant, I was up peeing twice a night and now I'm up with DD.  I told DH for Mother's Day I just want a solid nights sleep.  
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    Wait, there are babies that are sleeping thru the night at 1 month?  Where?  I'm jealous too!  Lol DS sleeps through the day ....  :)
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• lkm2006lkm2006 member
    DS2 has been great about sleeping through the night but my 19 month old still wakes up. He has slept through the night ONCE since DS2 was born.

• Not here either and they just turned 10 weeks old. If one were to try to STTN the other would squash that right away.
  • JenniD2JenniD2 member
    I wouldn't worry. We have only had DS sleep through the night once, and I'm sure it was a once in awhile type deal. And even when he did STTN, I still ended up waking up on instinct/habit. I honestly think it is a nice rarity for babies to STTN that young.
  • It's okay to be jealous, but don't be holding your breath for yours to start.  My 2.5 yr old still doesn't STTN!  Some mamas are just lucky! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagepitterpatter129:

It's okay to be jealous, but don't be holding your breath for yours to start.  My 2.5 yr old still doesn't STTN!  Some mamas are just lucky! :)

This. Sleep, what sleep? 

• What actually counts as sleeping through the night? I see sometimes its 12 to 6. This momma would be a mess if that was all I was getting! LO goes down at 8 and up at 2. Goes back down by 2:30 and up at 6:30 again. And you better believe I'm out when he is! I'm going to enjoy one feeding a night as long as LO lets me!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DS gives us a 6 hour stretch each night (usually) but I can't believe that's considered STTN. I think STTN should be sleeping all night without waking up!

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• It's biologically normal for babies to wake to eat through and beyond the first year. For a 4-6 week old, a four hour stretch is really great!

DD1 didn't STTN until she night weaned at 15 months or so. Honestly, the time really does fly and before you know it you'll be getting uniterrupted sleep again. In the meantime, nap whenever you can.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our pediatrician gives us an info/advice sheet at every well baby visit, and the two month one made a point of saying your baby "probably does not sleep through the night." So, there. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Girl, I am right there with you.
  • imagepitterpatter129:

It's okay to be jealous, but don't be holding your breath for yours to start.  My 2.5 yr old still doesn't STTN!  Some mamas are just lucky! :)

this this this! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If it makes you feel better I can barely get my kid to take a nap.  He's not STTN either.  They'll get there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"