May 2013 Moms

Baby dropped: can't really walk, anyone else?

So my baby seemed to have dropped suddenly.  I can feel his head pretty much in my vag.

At this point, walking even very short distances is very painful.   Anyone else  experiencing this?

I know we are in the final stretch, how are you coping?  Anything helping?

Re: Baby dropped: can't really walk, anyone else?

• Yep. I have carried low this entire pregnancy, and now that baby has dropped I am SUPER low. It's crazy. Nothing you can really do about it, IME, except deal with it - and laugh at yourself as you waddle.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • I've been waddling for weeks.  My Dr said the baby was so low that it actually causes me to "measure small".  Meaning that so much of the baby's head has dropped into my pelvis that the tape measure from the pubic bone to the belly doesn't fully measure the baby.

ETA:  To answer your question.  I just try to move around often. It may seem counter-intuitive, but I tend to hurt most going from stationary to moving.  So moving keeps things loose and alleviates the pain.

• Loading the player...
  • imagebananers:
    Yep. I have carried low this entire pregnancy, and now that baby has dropped I am SUPER low. It's crazy. Nothing you can really do about it, IME, except deal with it and laugh at yourself as you waddle.
    Same for me... Although he seems to have gone up a little the past two days.

DHsays he is going to start putting out "duck crossing" signs when I'm walking due to my waddle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Me 2...I was just examined the other day and the doc said that the only place left for the head to go was to come out!! Makes me feel better about all of the pressure I've been having down there and why it feels like I'm carring a bowling ball between my legs! I try to stand up slowley and not walk long distances but nothing totally helps. I will be surprised if I end up not breaking my water with how low this kid is!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagesnowgirl427:
    imagebananers:
    Yep. I have carried low this entire pregnancy, and now that baby has dropped I am SUPER low. It's crazy. Nothing you can really do about it, IME, except deal with it and laugh at yourself as you waddle.
    Same for me... Although he seems to have gone up a little the past two days. DHsays he is going to start putting out "duck crossing" signs when I'm walking due to my waddle.

LOL!

• imageBeesMomma00:

I've been waddling for weeks.  My Dr said the baby was so low that it actually causes me to "measure small".  Meaning that so much of the baby's head has dropped into my pelvis that the tape measure from the pubic bone to the belly doesn't fully measure the baby.

ETA:  To answer your question.  I just try to move around often. It may seem counter-intuitive, but I tend to hurt most going from stationary to moving.  So moving keeps things loose and alleviates the pain.

My doctor said this to me yesterday, too!  I'm measuring 34 weeks instead of 36, but she said it's NBD because baby is super low.  I don't think it's completely dropped yet, since I can still usually walk OK, but my belly is definitely lower. 

• imageBeesMomma00:

I've been waddling for weeks.  My Dr said the baby was so low that it actually causes me to "measure small".  Meaning that so much of the baby's head has dropped into my pelvis that the tape measure from the pubic bone to the belly doesn't fully measure the baby.

This is definitely true for me too. I hurt the worst getting out of bed, and things seem their best when I've been moving around a little bit here and there throughout the day.

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • imageBeesMomma00:

Same here. I was measuring 4 weeks behind and had to have growth u/s to double check the growth. Turns out baby is just super low. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagebotanicalbliss:
    imageBeesMomma00:

My doctor said this to me yesterday, too!  I'm measuring 34 weeks instead of 36, but she said it's NBD because baby is super low.  I don't think it's completely dropped yet, since I can still usually walk OK, but my belly is definitely lower. 

Yep this is me too. This baby has been so low this whole time, it's been causing me to measure about 4 weeks behind at every appt. It wasn't till they started doing my internal checks that they realized it was because of how low the peanut is. At this point all I can do waddle around and laugh at myself.

• imagebananers:
    imageBeesMomma00:

This is definitely true for me too. I hurt the worst getting out of bed, and things seem their best when I've been moving around a little bit here and there throughout the day.

Oh yes, for sure!  If I'm up and moving it's less painful that going from stationary to moving.  I'm dreading getting up out of this office chair... 

• imagesnowgirl427:
    imagebananers:
    Same for me... Although he seems to have gone up a little the past two days. DH says he is going to start putting out "duck crossing" signs when I'm walking due to my waddle.
    same here...baby was measuring ahead and now is measuring behind..but its only cause she dropped really low :( I have been haven a hard time at work myself everyone picks on my waddle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • pnutgpnutg member
    imageBeesMomma00:
    I've been waddling for weeks.nbsp; My Dr said the baby was so low that it actually causes me to "measure small".nbsp; Meaning that so much of the baby's head has dropped into my pelvis that the tape measure from the pubic bone to the belly doesn't fully measure the baby.ETA:nbsp; To answer your question.nbsp; I just try to move around often. It may seem counterintuitive, but I tend to hurt most going from stationary to moving.nbsp; So moving keeps things loose and alleviates the pain.

Yes, going from sitting to standing/walking is almost torture. I feel like he could just fall out. He's really low and it's no fun.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • vic1011vic1011 member
    I'd take dropping over a baby still up in my ribs at almost 39 weeks.  This baby never wants to come out.
  • I've been waddling like a penguin for weeks! I can literally feel baby girl's head in my pelvis and putting pressure on my sacrum. If she's not sitting on my cervix giving my what I call lightning vagina, she's leaned back in my pelvis making it hard to even close my legs. Super uncomfortable and terribly hard to walk but I keep doing it anyway just to keep mobile as being in one position for too long makes my joints stiff and it hurts worse. Hopefully means we're getting closer! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"