January 2013 Moms

Exhausted!

So last night was crazy.  I put my LO to bed at 8 , but she would not settle down to sleep till almost midnight! I was so frustrated.  I kept going in to see if she was hungry, she ate about 6 ozs and then she was done. So I just laid her back in her crib and she just laid there all swaddled for hours. I heard her sucking on her swaddle blanket so Im not sure if I should try to stop the swaddle simce she is constantly sucking her hands now. She finally fell asleep at 11:45 after I went in for a final feed 2 oz and she fell asleep in my arms.

1:30 am my son wakes up throwing up, takes me 30 min to clean up the floors and get him back in bed

3:30 am LO wakes up drinks 2oz

6:00 am LO wakes up drinks 2oz

730 am  up for work!

Could she be sleeping too long during the day? She had about 6 hours that day in naps. Also should I stop swaddling her? 

Re: Exhausted!

• First of all - I'm so sorry; that's a helluva night and with work ahead of you - all I can say is "TGIF!"  (Also, I've been there!)

My gut reaction is yet, probably sleeping too much during day, probably should stop swaddling, but you know how it goes - trial and error!

Good luck!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • honestly, we don't interrupt DS's sleep during the day, but he's always been a good night sleeper overall. As for the swaddle, try one arm out. My mom did with DS this week and I was terrified of the lack of sleep it "would" cause...but he actually did pretty well! not only that, but he also self entertains in the crib now with that arm out! So if he's not hungry, I don't have to get up usually...though I still do sometimes to see his sweet grin Big Smile
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • BLPL101BLPL101 member
    6 hours in naps? Wow that's a lot. DD sleeps like 3 hours total for naps and that's on a good day. We are stopping the swaddle per her pedis recommendation.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBLPL101:
    6 hours in naps? Wow that's a lot. DD sleeps like 3 hours total for naps and that's on a good day. We are stopping the swaddle per her pedis recommendation.

So maybe she is sleeping too much? She just always seems so sleepy after being awake for an hour during the day 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"