Multiples

Best Stranger Interaction!

So, we of course get the random dummy questions from strangers.  We also get the oohs and aahs and "double troubles." But today, I had the best experience!

I was leaving the grocery store, pushing the stroller and kind of dragging the cart along pathetically.  I had to wait several minutes at the door because people would look at me and then dart in front of me rather than let me pass.

So when I exited, this African man kind of came up like "No, please!" And I wasn't sure what he wanted.  He offered to push my cart so I could take the stroller.  He was all smiley and "oh, twins!" And I thought that was nice.  Then he told me HE was a twin! So we made chit-chat, got to the car and I thought that would be all.

"No, please, put the babies in the car first."  It was starting to drizzle, so I really appreciated his help.  He told me he always wanted twins, but never got them.  I told him we were completely surprised by ours, and he asked if there were any in our family (no).  When I asked if there were any in his, he said HIS MOTHER HAD FIVE SETS OF TWINS! I said she must have been a very strong woman, to which he replied, "in those days yes!"

After putting the babies in the car, I was ready to get the shopping cart back from him, but he insisted I take apart the stroller, no hurry.  So I did, and learned he was from Nigeria, (lots of multiples over there from what I'd read, and he confirmed!) and his aunt even had triplets.  

Finally, I had the stroller put away, loaded the groceries, and the man told me to have a nice day and took the empty cart back to the store.   

What a story! 

Re: Best Stranger Interaction!

• The kind/helpful strangers totally make up for the rude ones.
  • SwetaVSwetaV member
    I love stories like this! Makes you realize there are still good people in the world.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It's nice to hear that someone took the time to help you.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • how nice!  almost makes me feel comfortable going grocery shopping by myself with the twins.... almost.  Not quite sure I'm confident enough to do that yet lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, that's awesome!

I can't beleive FIVE sets of twins, she would have to be a strong lady-wow! 

• saracksarack member

aw, that was nice. glad you had a good experience.

i have a hard time not being excited about twins too.. since hearing how annoying it is, i haven't done it. but i want to! lol. my h is a twin, and they've always been so interesting to me.  

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Love hearing this story! I can't imagine 5 sets of twins - seriously, she must be wonder woman. She did a good job raising her son :)
  • xoexpatxoexpat member
    Sarack, I know what you meanI remember when I was pg and saw a twin mom at target with the same stroller I'd just bought. I wanted to give her a high five! Then stalk her to see how she handled shopping. But I didn't!
  • ks3pinkks3pink member
    That's a great story but please be careful in public, especially alone. People are crazy and you had no way of knowing that man wasn't up to something. Maybe it's because I live near a high crime area but I would never be comfortable with accepting help like that from strangers.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That was very sweet of him and yes i agree with pp about crazies out there! I always get a bagger to help me with the cart .... they even load the groceries for me so that i can put the boys in the car!
  • that is amazing-esp the 5 sets! I had someone once see me, in the rain, pushing the twins through the sam's parking lot. They were trying to park next to me and I was trying to load the boys and everything and I thought "seriously? you're going to sit there and wait for me?!"  Instead the passenger lady jumped out and loaded all my stuff in the car. I'd been having such a shitty day that it made me cry when she stopped to help!

I think the good ones are worth 10 bad ones, they can really make up for a lot. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • This almost made me cry. Thanks for sharing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"