December 2012 Moms

What's good for allergies?

I've never had them, so I don't know.  SO gets them terribly, but normally doesn't bother to take anything or else takes Benadryl & sleeps.  Since I'd like help this weekend with Baby (yes, this is completely self serving), I was thinking of an "allergy care pack" with all of the "good stuff" in it... Tissues, allergy meds, etc. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

Re: What's good for allergies?

• Hahahaha!  Well, Zyrtec (generic: cetirizine) works for me--but you gotta take it every day for it to really work well.  It's not like Claritin.

How about lots of coffee to keep SO on the move?!  ;-) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're a lot nicer than I am!  I'd be all, "You have a kid now.  Man up." and kick him in the junk if he tried to beg off helping because he was in a benadryl-induced coma.  Lol.  I have terrible allergies to everything outside.  Claritin works for a lot of people, but I prefer Zyrtec.  Have him take either one and he'll be fine.  The other stuff (tissues, eye drops, and whatnot) will probably not even be necessary.  Also, make sure he showers after being outside and before bed.  That helps wash the allergens off.  

And tell him to stop being a stubborn guy!  If he lets them get too bad, he can get a sinus infection.  Then he'll be one unhappy camper.  Might as well take one pill a day as a preventative, kwim?

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Loading the player...
  • imageSummerOH:
    You're a lot nicer than I am!  I'd be all, "You have a kid now.  Man up." and kick him in the junk if he tried to beg off helping because he was in a benadryl-induced coma.  Lol.  I have terrible allergies to everything outside.  Claritin works for a lot of people, but I prefer Zyrtec.  Have him take either one and he'll be fine.  The other stuff (tissues, eye drops, and whatnot) will probably not even be necessary.  Also, make sure he showers after being outside and before bed.  That helps wash the allergens off.  

And tell him to stop being a stubborn guy!  If he lets them get too bad, he can get a sinus infection.  Then he'll be one unhappy camper.  Might as well take one pill a day as a preventative, kwim?
    Lol. Oh, I agree. I also believe in better living through chemistry. The man didn't even own a bottle of Advil before I met him -- Really, if you have a headache, who suffers instead of at least trying something?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• imageSingleMom31:
    imageSummerOH:
    You're a lot nicer than I am!  I'd be all, "You have a kid now.  Man up." and kick him in the junk if he tried to beg off helping because he was in a benadryl-induced coma.  Lol.  I have terrible allergies to everything outside.  Claritin works for a lot of people, but I prefer Zyrtec.  Have him take either one and he'll be fine.  The other stuff (tissues, eye drops, and whatnot) will probably not even be necessary.  Also, make sure he showers after being outside and before bed.  That helps wash the allergens off.  

Lol. Oh, I agree. I also believe in better living through chemistry. The man didn't even own a bottle of Advil before I met him -- Really, if you have a headache, who suffers instead of at least trying something?

That is my husband in a nutshell.  And it drives me crazy. 

• I use Claritin. I used to use Zyrtec, but it made me mean and I had to switch. I have terrible year round allergies, it sucks.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • another vote for Claritin....I have been taking one daily for over a year and it helps quite a bit- however, I live in one of the worst cities for allergies, so I still have some problems, it just not as bad as it has been in years past.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• If he doesn't like meds get him a neti pot. I feel so much better since I started using it.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Ditto on netti pot. Weird sensation but does wonders! Also have prefered Claritin over the Zy... just don't over lap doses. Once accidently had a 6 or 8 hour over lap between regular and D ... was NOT a good night full of a racing heart and brain. The only positive was figured out my error after a few hours so was able to talk myself out of the anxiety those symptoms were causing.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"