June 2013 Moms

This is me. This is me hitting the wall.

I'm to that point, ladies.  Had to give DS1 a bath by myself last night and thought I might die.  Picking him up is nearly impossible and makes me so sad but I'm a weak little 4'10 chick as it is so add the belly to trying to pick up a 30 pound toddler and yeah, it's not easy, as a lot of you know.  I have to sleep sitting up or I burp all night with fire roaring up my throat and then I wake up in the morning feeling like the mob took a baseball bat to both of my hips.  Oh and can we also talk about how there are only certain bathrooms at work I can use?  Some of the older ones have counters that are so big I literally can't reach the soap dispensers mounted behind them because my aforementioned short stature make it so the belly can't clear the counter and just smacks right into it.  And lastly, as of last night I think Quinn got the memo about the csection and thinks he can burrow through a path previously made by Aiden.  Buddy, stop trying to launch yourself directly out of the front of my belly.  No bueno :( 
Formerly known as elmoali :)

Re: This is me. This is me hitting the wall.

• Save some wall for me. I can only use one stall at work because the others are too small and I hit myself with the door. I can't sleep propped up because it's uncomfortable but if I lie down I too, vomit in my sleep. I can't lie on either side too long because my hips hurt. DS has his butt at belly button level and just pushes outward so I look like I'm carrying a torpedo and his pushing makes my pelvis feel like it's going to break. However, I don't have a toddler, so I give you props. I can't imagine all this with a toddler.

CJ 05/29/2013

• I'm sorry, it's almost over with!! I am right with you....I hate being short, sometimes I feel like Briar is going to claw his way out and I hate to move because my hips hurt so bad. I make DH give the boys a bath because it hurts to much to bend over.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Loading the player...
  • Right there with you! I have been using the accessible bathroom at work because it's in a separate room with a stand alone sink and a bar that's great to grab onto to pull myself back up! LO likes to do hand stands on my bladder while jamming her feet as hard as she can into my lungs so if I try to take a deep breath I'll pee myself!! I've given up on sleep cause its impossible to get comfortable and if I ever do, DD wakes up and I spend the rest of the night on the floor!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Here are my bullet points of misery:

5'1"

Belly is measuring over 40 weeks

28 lb toddler who wants to sit on the potty 65049738 times a day but then poo in her diaper

Toddler thinks I'm a jungle gym

My hips equal zero sleep

Wyatt's head is completely engaged and he enjoys rotating it 180 every night, which is super creepy and painful

I too have the fire burps

Can barely reach the pedals in our stupid car without moving the seat so far forward that my belly is squished under the steering wheel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageihearttab:
    Here are my bullet points of misery: 5'1" Belly is measuring over 40 weeks 28 lb toddler who wants to sit on the potty 65049738 times a day but then poo in her diaper Toddler thinks I'm a jungle gym My hips equal zero sleep Wyatt's head is completely engaged and he enjoys rotating it 180 every night, which is super creepy and painful I too have the fire burps Can barely reach the pedals in our stupid car without moving the seat so far forward that my belly is squished under the steering wheel
    Add me to the car thing. I have to do a gangster lean with the seat because if I sit up straight(er) I feel like I will either puke or poop my child out. But then my t-rex arms can barely reach the wheel. I'm about to quit driving. Lol.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageihearttab:
    Here are my bullet points of misery: 5'1" Belly is measuring over 40 weeks 28 lb toddler who wants to sit on the potty 65049738 times a day but then poo in her diaper Toddler thinks I'm a jungle gym My hips equal zero sleep Wyatt's head is completely engaged and he enjoys rotating it 180 every night, which is super creepy and painful I too have the fire burps Can barely reach the pedals in our stupid car without moving the seat so far forward that my belly is squished under the steering wheel

That sounds heinous :-/  And I totally hear you on the car thing.  Being short ain't joke, folks! :) 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imageSouthSideDrea:

imageihearttab:
    Toddler thinks I'm a jungle gym

Murdering me! The kid climbs, jumps, and hurls himself over the pivot point that is the belly. And ouch. OUCH.

This guy is still head up which is just the most uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced in my life.

I can't eat after 2pm or I'm absolutely miserable for the rest of the day.

The last 4 days in a row instead of weaving during Hen's afternoon rest I jsut laid in bed staring at the wall. And last night I skipped bedtime, my FAVORITE time of day to stay horizontal.

AND! I'm still on zofran and puking! And when I'm not puking I have a "hangover" that rivals any I had in college.

Cry.

How did your accupuncture go?

CJ 05/29/2013

• Add me to the toddler jungle gym.

DS1 is 30lbs and has a melt down every time I tell him he has to walk down vs me carrying him down the stairs.

DS2 wants to sit on top of my bump, with his head resting on my shoulder, if my hair is down he tries to eat it.

I got spoiled with DH handling bath time. Now he's back at work, my kids may just get sprayed down with the garden hose. 

My hip pain keeps me up at night. I get so sweaty and hot that I'm going to start sleeping on a towel. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm getting to the miserable point as well. I have no toddler to add to it though, I don't know how y'all do it! My top complaints are :
    not being able to get out of the car without feeling like Im going to pull the sterring wheel out of the dash

not being able to get up from my back. I mean, it's really sexy.

spitting up hot fire of acid reflux all freaking night long.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Hmm... my list:

There are NO accessible stalls where I work. It's acrobatics to get in and out because they aren't even the current standard size of a regular size stall. 

Baby thinks curling up in my right side and then what feels like a full stretch/attempt to stand is fun. No, it's torture.

I'm sick of needing Zofran. I want to stop taking pills!!!! 

imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • DS gets showers these days - I hate the tub in his bathroom, so haven't really used it for him since we moved in in January. It has the sliding glass doors, and he moves to where I can't reach him. Our bathroom has a good-sized shower stall, and I am so grateful he's used to the showers now so I don't have to worry about the tub.

My worst complaint is that Baby Girl seems to want to exit through my hip.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• nikel13nikel13 member
    That sucks, but I know exactly what you are talking about.  Stick a fork in me, I'm done!  Being short and prego sucks!  I get water on my shirt every time I wash my hands in the bathroom because I have to lean in and people get water all of the front of the sink!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel your pain, literally!   I am SO much more exhausted this time around.   Working full time and being pregnant was tired before, don't get me wrong, but having a toddler adds a whole new level of exhaustion.

DH also had surgery last week, and has been recovering (i.e. he's not sleeping well either), so the two of us take turns keeping each other up at night.

Ugh!

Not long now though, we are in the home stretch!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would say all of the above and then add a second baby.  I am literally ready to fall to pieces.  Baby A measured 5 lbs 15 oz at my last ultrasound (2 weeks ago) and was measuring 37 weeks and baby B was measuring 35 weeks. And I have a 3 yo and a 4.5 yo to take care of all day.  I don't know how I will make it 4 more weeks! Oh and Baby A dropped and is doing a number on my cervix while Baby B is transverse and up in my ribs!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"