April 2013 Moms

fffc /////////////

forgive the crappy typing, got a babe in arms

any confessions?  any mother of the year self nominations? 

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.

Re: fffc /////////////

• After my horrific delivery and recovery, my inlaws gave us an overnight doula as a gift. Six nights a week for six weeks. I relish the sleep. Also, I haven't told many of our IRL friends with kids because I don't want to get judged.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageChicagoBroad26:
    After my horrific delivery and recovery, my inlaws gave us an overnight doula as a gift. Six nights a week for six weeks. I relish the sleep. Also, I haven't told many of our IRL friends with kids because I don't want to get judged.

That sounds amazing! Way to go in laws!
  • Loading the player...
  • Kate_CKate_C member

imageChicagoBroad26:
    After my horrific delivery and recovery, my inlaws gave us an overnight doula as a gift. Six nights a week for six weeks. I relish the sleep. Also, I haven't told many of our IRL friends with kids because I don't want to get judged.

i am jealous.  But you definitely earned it!

I am tempted to tell DH to sleep on the couch tonight. DD is in our room and up a lot at night obviously. He has been a cranky brat from being tired. Yes, I understand he is back to work already and doesn't get naps. Frankly I haven't gotten much rest this week either with various appointments and housework and the like. We're all tired, DH. Man up and stop taking it out on me. 

• DH was suppose to take a week off of work to help me with our toddler and a newborn. Well, I had R on Saturday and he went back to work, working 10 hour or more days on Tuesday.

Last night, I made DH get up to change and burp R every time I had to feed him. I didn't care he had to be at work at 6:30. I wanted some sleep too dang it.
  • I cried 20 times yesterday and that may be a low estimate. I tried the LC's advice to get LO off the nipple shield and it was a disaster. I think I was more upset than LO. My head hurts today from all the crying... today has to be better!

• My LO was s demon yesterday with colic and I really wish I could have had someone else to hand her off to. I love her but it was miserable. I'm also annoyed with DH because he flaked on mother's day and now I won't be able to get the mothers necklace I desperately wanted.
  • heddy79heddy79 member

imageMKC12/22/2006:
    I cried 20 times yesterday and that may be a low estimate. I tried the LC's advice to get LO off the nipple shield and it was a disaster. I think I was more upset than LO. My head hurts today from all the crying... today has to be better!

So sorry to hear this.  I've had those days too. 

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was brushing my teeth the other day and looked at my hand and noticed a big smear of baby poop.  I shrugged and kept on brushing.

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • I confess I don't quite feel as connected with my new DD as I did when my DS was born. DD cries all the time and is a gassy, fussy and an overall dramatic baby. My DS was such a good baby. Of course I love her, I just think it's going to take more time to bond with her. It doesn't help that everytime I kiss her she starts to wail... lol. It's hard having a baby and not being able to console them. It makes me feel like I'm failing her. I know it's going to get better as time goes by, it is rough sometimes though! At least my 2 year old DS likes me again. Pity party over.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I confess that I'm counting down the days until Reese becomes "fun" and is able to respond more to us, whenever that is. The constant fussiness has to end at some point, right?
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • heddy79heddy79 member
    DD ''bought'' my mom a better mother's day gift than my MIL.
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • none5none5 member
    I am afraid to have sex again. I know I have a few weeks to worry about it, but the phrase hot dog down a hallway keeps coming to mind. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I enjoy taking pics of DS in funny poses and giving them completely inappropriate captions. I do, however, keep them off fb and just send them to DH.

Like the other day he had his hand on his face and it looked like he was flipping the bird. I sent it to DH with the caption,"this is what I think of you ever sleeping again." ;
  • imageKate_C:

imageChicagoBroad26:

i am jealous.  But you definitely earned it!

I am tempted to tell DH to sleep on the couch tonight. DD is in our room and up a lot at night obviously. He has been a cranky brat from being tired. Yes, I understand he is back to work already and doesn't get naps. Frankly I haven't gotten much rest this week either with various appointments and housework and the like. We're all tired, DH. Man up and stop taking it out on me. 

we had a couple days like this this week as well..... I can relate and it sucks. Hang in there!

my confession: I have my 6 week coming up. DH is thrilled and keeps talking about sex. I am terrified and also have ZERO interest. My vagina is still in exit only mode, and a libido?? Yeah, don't seem to know what that is. Hoping this changes at some point, but I'm fearful!  

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• I know I should enjoy my baby while he's a baby, but right now, with every day that passes, I think "thank goodness I will never go through that again".
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have two....

1. My DH's coousin had her son 6 days after me and she told me yesterday that she is back to 119lbs. that she only gained 18lbs during her pregnancy. I decided after that conversation to go home and eat ice cream to drown my sorrows....

2. I have been avoiding going back into work to see people, well today I went in and received a pack n play... wooo whoo. But they also boxed all my stuff up and gave it to me. (They are downsizing and I am only a temporary). So kind of bummed and think ice cream sounds good again. 

IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • Sometimes when I am feeling especially sleep deprived I just want LO to shut the h up. Then I feel bad thinking it. 

I know I really can't complain because I have a pretty easy baby, I don't know how you moms with colicky babies do it

• I confess I can't stop looking at Sully's newborn photos.  I've been saving and re-saving and after six hours, my siggy is finally updated (thanks, bump).  Now I'm just staring at her on my screen again.
  • imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    I know I should enjoy my baby while he's a baby, but right now, with every day that passes, I think "thank goodness I will never go through that again".

I feel the same way... :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    imagePoochie22:
    I have two....1. My DH's coousin had her son 6 days after me and she told me yesterday that she is back to 119lbs. that she only gained 18lbs during her pregnancy. I decided after that conversation to go home and eat ice cream to drown my sorrows....2. I have been avoiding going back into work to see people, well today I went in and received a pack n play... wooo whoo. But they also boxed all my stuff up and gave it to me. They are downsizing and I am only a temporary. So kind of bummed and think ice cream sounds good again.nbsp;

That sucks. Were you planning to stay home or will you have to look for something new? I understand that downsizing happens without regard to your schedule, but it always seems a little shady to me to lay off someone on maternity leave.
  • Ah, here is one.

I HATE breastfeeding.

There, I said it.
    I hate the first few weeks when it hurts so bad. I hate how my boobs look. I hate how let down feels...
    The only reason I do it is because I know its better for baby, and you can't beat the cost savings.

I will admit, I did cry when D self weaned from the breast and only wanted sippies at 10 months.
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    imagemypalbabs:
    I confess I can't stop looking at Sully's newborn photos. nbsp;I've been saving and resaving and after six hours, my siggy is finally updated thanks, bump. nbsp;Now I'm just staring at her on my screen again.

Don't you have a real, live baby to admire in close proximity? Just kidding.

I'm anxiously awaiting our newborn photos. I had to negotiate a bit to not have them filled with pink and giant headbands. Our photographer is my cousin so I had to be tactful. But when she pulled out a headband that was literally a bird's nest, I almost died. DH would have killed me. He hates headbands.
  • I kind of had a feeling this would happen, so I habe been looking but taking the summer off and being with LO doesn't sound terrible, just kind of stinks.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • imageold_time_girl:
    Ah, here is one. I HATE breastfeeding. There, I said it. I hate the first few weeks when it hurts so bad. I hate how my boobs look. I hate how let down feels... The only reason I do it is because I know its better for baby, and you can't beat the cost savings. I will admit, I did cry when D self weaned from the breast and only wanted sippies at 10 months.

not to mention when your bib starts randomly spraying while getting dressed! Always a good time! 

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

• Another one. I'm bumping, holding Mila and eating lunch right now. Mila has pieces of lettuce and craisins on her because I'm apparently a messy eater.

• none5none5 member

imageChicagoBroad26:
    Another one. I'm bumping, holding Mila and eating lunch right now. Mila has pieces of lettuce and craisins on her because I'm apparently a messy eater.

yes! I always feel bad when I notice all the crumbs on LO!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I too tired to think of one this week. I'm hoping to pump enough tonight that DH can't do one feed and I might get 4hrs straight sleep.

On the lines of bratty DH, our smoke detector started beeping last night due to low battery. DH got all pissy that I made him go take it down but then he insists he replace the battery right then. He was being so bratty he broke it. I let DH sleep through the night cause he's working. I got LO at first whimper and rush to the nursery and close the door so he can sleep yet he gets grouchy over getting up once.

I'm jealous of the doula gift and I wonder how many of us type one handed now because we bump during BF or just with baby in arms. My posts lately have a million typos but I don't care.

• I'm in for a major flaming here...

My LO is amazing. I have no BF problems, she sleeps in 4hr spurts, eats then falls back asleep. Last night she slept from 8:45pm to 5am. She is not colicky, hardly cries and when she fusses I just think its cute.
    By the way, I am knocking on the biggest piece of wood as I type this.

Go ahead and flame me. I don't blame you. I can't empathize with what sounds like the majority of our BMB but I sympathize!
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    Not really a confession but something hopefully chuckle inducing. I work on the third floor of an office building in downtown Minneapolis. This week a duck apparently wandered into a coworker's office and crapped all over. I have no idea how a duck managed to get into the office but I am sad I missed it!
  • My DH doesn't want me to go back to work. I'm scheduled to go back at the end of July. I always thought I would have a good paying full time job when I had kids and go back to work. I never wanted to be a stay at home mom. But I work part time in an ok paying job that really won't go anywhere. He wants me to stay home and raise LO and work at getting a better job. Financially it works for me to stay home instead of paying for daycare. I'm torn and not sure if I want to stay home or not. I really don't like the idea of putting LO in daycare but I don't know if I could be a good stay at home mom. I think being a stay at home mom is one of the hardest things ever. How would I not lose myself? My mom stayed home and never did anything for herself even to this day.
  • I'm in no rush to get my body back. My baby is more important than the way I look. 
    imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • Last night was our first night home from the hospital, and it was a sh!tshow of ineffective cluster feeding for 5-10 mins at a time, during which DD would fall into a dead sleep for about 20 mins before waking up hungry again.. all night long.  DD wouldn't sleep in her bassinet, and would only sleep in my arms or next to me in bed.  I swore I would never let her sleep in bed with us, but I already broke that rule...

This evening, I started crying just thinking about trying to live through another night like that.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • imageFremdschamen:

Last night was our first night home from the hospital, and it was a sh!tshow of ineffective cluster feeding for 5-10 mins at a time, during which DD would fall into a dead sleep for about 20 mins before waking up hungry again.. all night long.  DD wouldn't sleep in her bassinet, and would only sleep in my arms or next to me in bed.  I swore I would never let her sleep in bed with us, but I already broke that rule...

This evening, I started crying just thinking about trying to live through another night like that.

That was pretty much our first night home as well. She also projectile peed on me, and pooped constantly.

• imageFremdschamen:
    Last night was our first night home from the hospital, and it was a sh!tshow of ineffective cluster feeding for 510 mins at a time, during which DD would fall into a dead sleep for about 20 mins before waking up hungry again.. all night long.nbsp; DD wouldn't sleep in her bassinet, and would only sleep in my arms or next to me in bed.nbsp; I swore I would never let her sleep in bed with us, but I already broke that rule... This evening, I started crying just thinking about trying to live through another night like that.

I could've written this myself after our first night!!!! Right down to your point about having anxiety in the evening.... Ours was wacky the same but miraculously the second night was much better I would guess because my milk came in.... Hope yours was the same! Good luck!

• imagemrandmrsk91011:
    I'm jealous of you ladies with few to no BF issues. I've been trying so hard, and have cried so hard, dealing with the latching issues, scabbed nipples, and now supply and transfer issues and pumping...and to be honest, kellymom.com just makes me cry more.

I'm not afraid to supplement to make sure LO gets what she needs, but for goodness sakes, something natural like BFing should be a heck of a lot easier.

I'm sorry mama! I hope it gets better for you. And I agree, kellymom.com has some great information, but can come off as a mean bitsh if you consider alternatives to BF.
  • Its Saturday, but my confession is that I miss being in the hospital. I really miss having food delivered, and my only priority being myself and the baby.  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"