May 2013 Moms

first 3 days as a mommy- things i didn't expect!!!!

-take extra rich moisturizing face moisturizer to the hospital!  My face is so dry!

- breast feeding sucks! It Is really hard work! 

- if you have a c/s you will still be required to wears the thick diaper like pads, and you still bleed a lot!  

- I have never been so tried in my life (I did expect this,  just didnt imagine it would feel this Quite like this)

- I could never describe how much I love my son in words! I could also never describe how instantly that happened. 

I'm sure there are so many other things to add to this list, I'm just to tired to think of them! 

Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: first 3 days as a mommy- things i didn't expect!!!!

• In case of c section make sure your going home clothes go high up on your belly or really low to avoid the incision. Face wipes for when you are unable to get up out of bed to help refresh.
  • Wow! I never even thought of having to wear pads after a c/s. Good to know about the face moisturizer also.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I never thought going pee would have to be such a production, if you can get more than one spray bottle DO, I keep leaving mine in the bathroom and then not having it in another bathroom when I need it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LN1024LN1024 member

imagebhjones1980:
    I never thought going pee would have to be such a production, if you can get more than one spray bottle DO, I keep leaving mine in the bathroom and then not having it in another bathroom when I need it.

Ha, this was exactly mine! No one mentioned the pee pain! 

• imagelindsay.n.harman:

imagebhjones1980:
    I never thought going pee would have to be such a production, if you can get more than one spray bottle DO, I keep leaving mine in the bathroom and then not having it in another bathroom when I need it.

Ha, this was exactly mine! No one mentioned the pee pain! 

Yeah! I had to be cathed the first time! I had a bladder FULL and couldn't even get a drop out. Even though the catheter hurt, the relief it gave me was amazing!
  • My favorite surprise after I had DS was that the first time I used the bathroom after delivery, it was like a freaking bloody war zone.  And the burning... yikes!  

• Thank you for this message! It really helps to have an honest sharing of what to expect, because it's a total unknown for me.

Married to the love of my life for 3 years :)
    First pregnancy - blighted ovum, miscarriage at 10 weeks, Apr./May 2012
    Second BFP 9/19/12 - Hoping for our Rainbow Baby! :)

imageimage image
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes, I remember right after I had DS1, I was more tired than I had ever been in my life. And I have been TIRED at times. This was incomparable.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • krwactkrwact member

imagevirginiagirl11:
    Yes, I remember right after I had DS1, I was more tired than I had ever been in my life. And I have been TIRED at times. This was incomparable.

This, a thousand times, this.  I am a lifelong insomniac and I truly thought the sleep deprivation would be NBD because I'd be so used to it.  WRONG.  This was mental and physical fatigue of a kind I've never experienced before.  The thing you don't know now though?  You just get through it.   

Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • This doesn't happen to everyone but if you are a heavy bleeder or lose a lot of blood during labor be careful using the bathroom alone. I got up by myself and nearly hit the floor the first time.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"