January 2013 Moms

Bottles

When feeding LO from a bottle, do you wam it up? During the winter I did, but now that's warmer and some days even hot I don't anymore (just her night one); we keep her water at room temperature.

She doesn't mind at all, on the other hand DS wouldn't drink a cool or "not warm enough" bottle at all until he weaned at 13-14 months (but he'd drink cold water and juice)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary

Re: Bottles

• I never warm DD's bottles. She always drinks room temp, and we've never had any issues. Just more convenient IMO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We do warm it, but it's often coming from the fridge.  We warm it to like, skin temperature/room temperature.  Basically just take the chill off.  DD is fairly particular and doesn't like cold bottles.  Room temp is fine though. 

We always heated DS's bottles too.  

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • ta78ta78 member
    Am I the only one that uses tap water?

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• I warm the water before mixing formula if I'm home, but on the go I'll use room temp water from a water bottle to mix formula. Breastmilk bottles I either warm in some hot water or even just pull them straight from the fridge, shake, and serve.

DH hates giving DS room temp or cold bottles because he 'likes the drowsy effect' that warm bottles have on DS. DS himself could care less the temp of his bottles, but I like giving him cool bottles on hot days.

• imageta78:

Nope. I use tap water to mix formula. And my 'bottled water' on the go is from the tap. :)

• BLPL101BLPL101 member
    No, she doesn't mind so I don't see the point.

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageta78:

we tried but she got constipated, so we had to go back to mineral water (and had to try 3 brands until we finally find one that worked for her) However we all drink tap water, including DS 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"