June 2013 Moms

Before delivery or after?

I need a haricut. Hardcore. As in I haven't had one in almost a year. My original plan was to get it done after delivery while my mom is still here so I could take a little break for an hour or so to get out on my own while she has LO. Now I'm contemplating getting it done now because I could use a pick me up and I realllly need it. I will only do one or the other so don't tell me to do it now and get a trim later. Lol.

WWYD?

CJ 05/29/2013

Re: Before delivery or after?

• I say now. You will want easy to manage hair after baby is here. My hair is now at Cousin It stage so I need to get a trim myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• dmlk413dmlk413 member

Before.  That way it will be one less thing you have to worry about once LO is here.

My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Loading the player...
  • YakutYakut member
    I was having the same dilemma and decided to do it now. I have a feeling I will be too tired or out of it afterwards, and I always feel better about myself when my hair looks nice.
  • Do it now! I usally get my cut right before I have the baby but this time I think I'm going to leave it long so I can pull it back. With three kids, it's not like I'm going to have to time to fix it all the time.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Definitely do it now! :) Great pick me up, and lugging baby to the hair salon (if you'd have to) might make for a stressful outing. Go now and enjoy the pampering. Getting my hair washed & dried is my favorite part. hehe.

ETA: nevermind, I see your mom would watch the LO. I still say go now. :)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Im getting mine done in a couple weeks for my birthday, like you I haven't had a cut in over a year now. So my vote is do it now! Easy to manage hair once LO is here is ideal.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • ehnastoehnasto member
    Do it now! That whole having someone else wash your hair while you get to lie down thing is amazing right now!
  • I would go now. It's a great pick me up and I would imagine managable hair after baby comes is a must.
  • Get a shampoo and cut and style now. Then after baby comes leave baby with grandma and go out to get a shampoo and style so you get a break and a freshener! :]
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm waiting. I already just pull my hair up. But if you want the pick-me-up, I say go for it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedmlk413:

Before.  That way it will be one less thing you have to worry about once LO is here.

This is what I was thinking. 

• Do it now.  I plan on getting mine touched up next month so I look good for delivery.  :)
    Riley 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Like everyone else....I saw do it now.

• I say now! You'll feel much better and I'm sure you'll think of something else to get you out of the house for an hour or so when LO is here.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I'm getting mine cut after- my standard length is too short for ponytails/etc and I want it pulled back like it's been now during L&D. It's not looking the best, but hey, it's been pulled back for about 8 months at this point, so I don't really care.

I'm an after kinda girl on this one.

imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • sheacoxsheacox member
    Now now now!!

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageSouthSideDrea:
    Get a trim, but don't make any big changes or decisions until baby is 6 weeks old and you ahve your brain back. Plus, you'll likely loose a boat load of hair and need to do something to comepnsate for mad bald spots. This is how I ended up with bangs :)

Lol. I normally trim my hair to shoulder length every summer, grow it out until the following year. I wouldn't do anything crazier than that. Thanks for the heads up though!

CJ 05/29/2013

• Well I think Groupon just made up my mind for me. $12 for wash, cut, blow and style.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    Well I think Groupon just made up my mind for me. $12 for wash, cut, blow and style.
    Post a pic afterward! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • LiLi23LiLi23 member
    I agree with PP.  Do it now!  I just had one this past weekend and it was so nice.  The last time I had a cut was late November-ish, so it was more than time.  I really wanted to chop it all off, but knew I'd regret it so I cut like an inch and a half.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• imageMrsKatieW:
    imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    Well I think Groupon just made up my mind for me. $12 for wash, cut, blow and style.
    Post a pic afterward! 

I will!

My friend mentioned going to get mani-pedis next Saturday before my shower so I may just do my hair then too.

CJ 05/29/2013

• skioskio member
    Before. Do everything you can before.

Haircuts a pedicures and all that stuff gets very low on the priority list with a new baby around.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Before! Even though my mom was there for a couple weeks after, I didn't a) feel like leaving the baby, b) would have to feed before the appointment was finished.  Also, it is nice to have a nice 'do in those PP pics.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely now

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • I got mine done monday. It was nice to know that Im going to look the best I can when all these pictures will be taken.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I say now. I plan on getting mine done again before baby comes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's been a year for me too, I need it cut and dyed but I'm going to ask MIL to trim the ends and maybe have SIL some shape to my bangs (because she rocks at it) before DS comes but otherwise I have to wait because I just can't afford a salon cut right now.

I say get it done now, you'll feel good about yourself and you'll feel like you look good for baby pictures too :) you can always go get a manicure after baby comes if you need some pampering!

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• llbta85llbta85 member
    I would do it now.  It may be a while depending on how labor goes before you feel up to getting a haircut.  If you do it now, its one less thing to worry about. 
  • nikel13nikel13 member
    I would do it now.  It'll be one thing off of the list that could be forgotten when you get too busy.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do it now.  I only color my hair twice a year (winter and summer color) so I'm going for my summer highlights and cut.  Just waiting on my stylist friend to get back from Disneyland next week.
    BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm literally in the same boat. Personally, I am waiting. After LO is born I am going to get my hair cut (dramatically different from what it is now) and dyed and I am excited because it will be my "Sexy Kait" Makeover. :) I told Hubby my plans for this last night and he got this big ol' smile on his face and said "I like it when you do your hair like that..." Too bad he'll have that 6 week waiting period after I pop out this kid! Muahaha!
    Married: 04-13-12 

SS: 12-13-02 | SD: 12-13-02

DS: 6-8-13 | Sept 15' #2

• Do it now. I need to do the same thing. I haven't had my hair cut in forever. I think it's about 5 inches from my waist band. I am going to plan a day where DD and I can go and both get our hair cut.

• Now. for sure. Too many things could delay it if you wait till after, and you will be a shaggy mess. You can find another excuse to leave for an hour, like bra shopping.
  • I'm going tomorrow so I have relatively fresh highlights and I'll have plenty of time after baby gets here before I have to go again.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Boop213Boop213 member
    I say now... i got a cut and highlights a few weeks ago and it was a great boost in my confidence.  You can always do a mani/pedi or get a massage after and your mom and watch LO.

• I have been growing my hair since I was pregnant with DD (so, over three years now).   I plan to cut it off to donate, and will likely do it around July or so.    I thought that by then, I would be feeling more like myself (hopefully!), and I thought it would be fun to have a fresh look after pregnancy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I say now!  I had put off cutting my hair for a long time too and really thought about just waiting... I am SOOO glad I got it done this week.  It was nice to get a little pampered at the salon. 
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Now, it'll make you feel better and your hair will look better in pictures!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"