November 2012 Moms

Crying "mamama"

Yesterday, B was playing on a blanket and I left the room for a minute. I heard him start to fuss and, for the first time, it sounded like "mamama". (Okay, it was prob more like rah-rah-rah, but it was a distinct, repetitive consonant-vowel sound).

I'd like to think he is associating the sounds with me, but i assume this is simply the start of babbling....

He just did it again. DH heard it through the monitor and woke me up saying "your baby is calling you". Part of me was hoping LO would start saying "dadada" first so I could use it as an excuse to have DH get up with him in the MOTN ;)

What is your LO "saying" now? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crying "mamama"

• Dahhhhdaaa.. And I can tell my dads been talking to him a lot because he kept trying to say oooh bull the other day. For the b he sucks is lip all the way in, SOO cute. :) he's trying to repeat a lot right now... Except momma!!! Grr lol
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • K does the same thing with the letters m, b, and d.

• Loading the player...
  • R is talking a lot, but he isn't saying any actual words that I can tell. I keep trying to teach him. DH thinks I'm crazy, but I like to take his hand and touch my face with it and say "mama," and then take his hand to his own chest and say "Roman." We do this back and worth for a while.

The end result is R stops talking at all, smiles shyly and looks away. lol. It's probably pointless, but it makes me happy.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• C has been literally RAWRing for weeks. U apparently have a baby dinosaur. And one time my aunt was holding him and I said, Celik you need a diaper change and my aunt asks if he wants to go to mama and he says nuh uh. My heart broke a little bit but I was impressed. He also just laughs at me when I say, say mamamama!
  • It always sounds like N is saying Mama. And when I repeat it back to him he just laughs. He also sounds like a baby dinosaur. he makes the strangest sounds.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• tngrl3tngrl3 member
    We are working on Hi with Noah. If you say it to him, he will consistantly make an H sounds back to you. He also does M, D, and G over and over His latest favorite sounds is a high pitched screech that I refer to as his baby dinosaur talk. He is so proud he can make this new sound and uses it a lot!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagetngrl3:
    We are working on Hi with Noah. If you say it to him, he will consistantly make an H sounds back to you. He also does M, D, and G over and over His latest favorite sounds is a high pitched screech that I refer to as his baby dinosaur talk. He is so proud he can make this new sound and uses it a lot!

K did this yesterday as soon as I started doing homework. It went on for 2 hours. He is not afraid of my mom glare. Probably b/c I would start laughing. 

• My LO will say MaMa when she is upset and reach for me.  I will do whatever she wants at that point!  Might be bad that she already knows how to get to me.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Asa makes babbling noises but I love it when it sounds like mama ;)

Funny/cute story: When I went to get his 4 month shots, when I picked him up after they gave him his shots to calm and comfort him, he nuzzled into me and said, "mamamamaaaaaaa" It was so adorable that both nurses at the same time went, "AAAWWWWWWWWWWW" I know he doesn't know what he is saying yet, but it made my heart melt when it happened!!

• CJ just started the baby dinosaur screeches. He also says ngeee and keee and teee. That's about it. However he has learned the sign for milk and he gets so excited when you do it, it's adorable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • All I get is BAH BAH BAH..which I'm sure will turn into DADA. No love for Mama here!
  • Uhhhh, when she's got the poor me attitude.  Mum, when she's really mad. And the occasional, e-llo, when she babbles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"