1st Trimester

Losing symptoms?!

I'm 7w today and felt symptoms every day from 4w. Wednesday I realized I wasn't feeling any symptoms anymore. Today I woke up still not feeling anything besides "not pregnant".

Is this normal? I'm worried! Should I call my OB? My 1st u/s and check up isn't until May 16th!

Re: Losing symptoms?!

• vmcovivmcovi member
    I'm at week 9 and 6 days and losing  symptoms as well.. it's worrisome
  • Every day your body is fighting against the new influx of hormones being released.  Some days it wins and you feel better - it's normal.   Tomorrow your body is going to do its usual change up of hormones and you very well could be back to feeling yucky.  It's all totally normal.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • imageestreyas:

And here's where I don't make friends.

I lost my symptoms at around 8w - took me til 10w to get an ultrasound after all the "Oh, it's normal", "You're just paranoid, you're fine", etc. I was vindicated: I had had a missed miscarriage.

If you're really, really worried -- go call your doctor and ask for an ultrasound. I am very glad I didn't just wait around - I was able to get looked at, my concerns addressed, and then (though sad) a D&C  the following day.

I'm sorry for your loss and obviously that's going to impact how you feel about posts like these.  The thing is, loss of symptoms IS normal.  Yes, it could mean there's an issue but it is just as likely to be nothing to worry about.  There are people who never have symptoms but don't get to have an early u/s for that reason.  There are people who miscarry whose symptoms DON'T stop right away.  It's a nerve wracking time, for sure but the sad reality is that whatever the reason is for feeling or not feeling a certain way, there's nothing to be done about it to change it so you kind of just have to take it day by day and hope all is well. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imageestreyas:

I lost my symptoms at around 8w - took me til 10w to get an ultrasound after all the "Oh, it's normal", "You're just paranoid, you're fine", etc. I was vindicated: I had had a missed miscarriage.

If you're really, really worried -- go call your doctor and ask for an ultrasound. I am very glad I didn't just wait around - I was able to get looked at, my concerns addressed, and then (though sad) a D&C  the following day.

I am so sorry for your loss and that you went through that. Pregnancy is so confusing and so stressful. What is normal for some or most might not be for others. Is loosing symptoms towards the end of the first tri normal? Absolutely. Could it also be a sign that something might be wrong? Yes. I have always come from the camp where if you are truly worried, just give your doctor a call. Most women here will say that its completely normal and that you are lucky to be losing some of those nasty symptoms, but sadly (as the poster who I quoted has shared) there is always the chance that it means something is up. If its really freaking you out give the doc a call. GL 
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • The first trimester is just plain full of anxiety.  It is totally normal to overanalyze symptoms or lack thereof.  Believe me, after two late first-tri losses I get your fear!

That being said, I would not run to the doctor about this.  Unless you are bleeding or have some other symptom of m/c, most doctors will just say "it's normal" and you will have wasted your time.

I have had two missed miscarriages so I realize not every miscarriage involves bleeding.  However, lack of symptoms still does not warrant a trip to the OB or an ultrasound. 

My anxiety level goes down at about 13 weeks and then down a TON more when movement is felt often.  This first stage of pregnancy is just nerve wracking in general! 

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• imageelmoali:
    imageestreyas:

I'm sorry for your loss and obviously that's going to impact how you feel about posts like these.  The thing is, loss of symptoms IS normal.  Yes, it could mean there's an issue but it is just as likely to be nothing to worry about.  There are people who never have symptoms but don't get to have an early u/s for that reason.  There are people who miscarry whose symptoms DON'T stop right away.  It's a nerve wracking time, for sure but the sad reality is that whatever the reason is for feeling or not feeling a certain way, there's nothing to be done about it to change it so you kind of just have to take it day by day and hope all is well. 

All of this. Ultimately if you are that worried you could always call you OB. Most likely they will make an appointment or keep the one that is coming up and tell you to come in right away if you experience any bleeding or cramping.

Most likely though you are ok.I felt great most of the time with both my first two kids. Never threw up or any of that crap.

This time I have been plagued the entire time. 

• Totally nerve-wracking time, for sure.

Funny story.... I had a few days of serious bloating, and then a day or two that I felt normal. In the locker room at my club, I mentioned that I'd been feeling too fat to shop for a bathing suit. Three woman (I was NAKED) looked at me and said, "you aren't fat at all! You could never feel fat!...." 

How crazy that something so clearly intended as a compliment sort of crushed me.... just a little bit.

I got new symptoms a couple of days later. And the bloating? Check in with me after 4pm any day of the week, and there it is!

Try not to worry! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • esf60esf60 member
    imageestreyas:

this. it's the honest truth. if all of your symptoms very suddenly & completely disappear, call your doctor.

• imageelmoali:
    imageestreyas:

I agree with ElmoAli.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Well thank you everyone that had positive insight. I'll see how I feel over the weekend. I asked a couple girlfriends who have kids,who I've told already also and they said its normal as well.

To the girls who had losses following lack of symptoms, I am sorry for those losses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"