Stay at Home Moms

Bug protection?

DD2 is highly allergic to bugbites.  Her whole arm/leg will swell, turn bright red and get hot. We are attempting a camping trip at the end of the month.  Any ideas to keep the bugs away from her?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Bug protection?

• I recently read that lemon eucalyptus oil (or regular eucalyptus oil) works extremely well against a few different types of bugs. Apparently, different bugs react to different things, but this actually repels mosquitoes and ticks. I'm not sure about biting flies/gnats/chiggers, etc. I do know that Avon skin so soft bath oil used to work wonders on me years ago. I lived in very woodsy North Carolina, and I also had/have horrible reactions to insect bites. We hadn't lived there long, and my mom was desperate for advice, so when a neighbor suggested it, she thought it couldnt hurt to try, and it worked!!! It actually worked for our dog too. I don't even know if they still make the product, but it would be worth a shot if you'd rather not go the chemical route. (Although if your DD is that allergic, a chemical block may be the best way, I don't know.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use Skin So Soft, surprisingly it works, plus it doesn't smell gross.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"