Cloth Diapering
Options

Got my BG shipment

Hi everyone!  I finally got my 6 for 5 bumgenius diapers!  I was so excited to open the package and see all the pretty colors . . . but then I saw this ugly orange diaper (Sassy) that I don't remember ordering, but I must have.  I'm guessing I was ordering too quickly and accidentally picked the wrong color.  It's not worth it to ship it back for a different color (if they would even allow it) and it doesn't really matter bc it will under DD's clothes most of the time anyway.  I was just a little bummed - especially bc it's only my second shipment of diapers ever.  Oh well.

Have any of you ever opened your CD shipments to be disappointed in the color?

Check out my blog on Guinevere's growth: http://brendasbabybumpblog.blogspot.com/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Got my BG shipment

• Options
    welly01welly01 member
    When I ordered mine, they asked for a list of substitutes.  I listed a few but ended up with a white and noodle.  Yuk!  I was definitely disappointed.  Sorry you got stuck with a color you don't like.
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Options

Unfortunately, yes. I ordered a Blueberry Bamboo Pocket dipe in the giraffe print from Kelly's Closet during their Earth Day sale, and they sent me a monkey print instead, which I really don't like. It's not that bad, but I was very excited about the giraffe print. Oh well, I guess I'll get over it.

Sigh, first world problems. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TJ1979TJ1979 member
    I didn't love my sassy at first either.  But it's kind of grown on me!  Plus orange is totally in this season.  And should you ever need to direct traffic using LO's fluff butt... you're golden.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Frustrating!!! I got some of my not favorite colors but that was when it was "boy" or "girl" colors, not when you got to pick the colors.

You can write in no substitutions. I forgot to do this... Hopefully I'm not disappointed because I order things specifically for certain colors or prints. That's the fun of CDs!

BTW: My DH loves sassy. I don't care too much for it, but whatever. Plus we are having a boy. I think I'd like it less for a girl too.
  • Options
    saracksarack member
    yikes, i'm not excited about this post. i'm waiting for 12 diapers that I purchased! I hope that I don't get the alternates. :( I wonder if they'd let you get different colors later.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    hey if y'all don't like em, you can always pass them to me! lol. i actually really like my sassy dipes.
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If it was from cotton babies their customer service is great. Check your order and make sure you ordered it. If you didn't, call them and talk to them. They pay for shipping if it's their fault.
  • Options
    When I ordered mine from Nickis I didn't list any substitutes. They were out of a bunch of colors so they emailed me what was available and I chose to wait until they were restocked, which was 2 days. Well worth the wait.
    I just received another package in which I ordered dazzle, I thought the color was beautiful even though I have a boy. In person it's much more girly than I realized, totally disappointed in that.

imageimage

image           image

• Options
    Ishe Sassy color orange? I ordered it just for a different color for DS. It looks red to me...
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    why is everyone hating on the sassy? DS looks adorable in it. I think it is pretty gender neutral. I tend to be partial toward orange anyhow...

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    imagecmhicklin:
    Ishe Sassy color orange? I ordered it just for a different color for DS. It looks red to me...

it's a reddish orange...or an orangish red... i love the color though!
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ace08Ace08 member

imagethemrsbird:
    imagecmhicklin:
    it's a reddish orange...or an orangish red... i love the color though!

Me too!  It's a fun color! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Lol I like Sassy, too! It's one of my favorites...but I like bold, bright colors. 

I got the free OS from Kelly's Closet the other day and was excited to find a Grovia AIO. Except that it was vanilla  -_-  how boring!

I also really dislike the BG Sweet color. I got one last year when you could get the B5G1 as well as a free Sweet or Bubble (so basically B6G1!) and I only use it as a nighttime diaper now.  

Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageannathyst:
    just received another package in which I ordered dazzle, I thought the color was beautiful even though I have a boy. In person it's much more girly than I realized, totally disappointed in that.

I have a girl and ordered Dazzle. It really IS a pretty color, but the dye ran in the wash. Glad I paid attention to instructions and washed it in my dark load of clothes instead of with all the white diapers I just bought. Now I'm rethinking the colors I choose.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"