Stay at Home Moms

Baby friendly food for party?

We're doing a little get together for my baby's christening and a few toddlers will be present (ranging in age from 1 to 4).

We'd typically have a deli platter, fruit, maybe a couple of other hors d'oeuvres for people; it's an open house from 3-6 on a Sunday afternoon.

What would you all suggest to have available for the babies to eat? It might sound like a silly question...I just haven't planned a party with baby guests before!

Thanks all...

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby friendly food for party?

• Gold fish grahams were one of the first finger foods because they dissolve easily.

I would email your guests with the smallest ones to get their input.

I have 2 friends with 8 mo old born the same week, one is eating baby food, one crawls under the table to steal her brothers crumbs.

• I wouldn't worry too much. Before my kids eat regular table food I bring food with me and after that what you're offering is fine. My kids would likely fill up on the fruit platter and dessert.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • While I don't think you really need anything extra, if you choose to you could make a crock pot with mac and cheese. Just plan on some parents eating it too.
    Proud Mommy to Kaylie 12-04, Alaina 5-06 & Annalise 6-08 imageimage
  • We had a bowl of fruit pouches (gasp!) at my son's first birthday for the younger guests.  

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• I agree with PPs, what you have is fine, if you want just add some baby biscuits o baby crackers for the littler ones, but given the time of the party fruit and deli works fine for tots

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • imageLalaMama81:

I don't really do anything special for a family party that will have kids. I mean aside from maybe the 1 year olds, all the other kids will be eating regular foods. I figure if a baby needs special foods, the parents would bring them, that's what I did. 

You are already planning on fruit, so that works already.  

DD would have eaten all the regular food, just cut up.  

• Thanks for the input everyone! One family that's coming has three babies under 3 SO I like to make things as easy as possible for them :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"