July 2012 Moms

Painful periods after baby?

I keep forgetting to come on here and ask if anyone else is experiencing different periods than before baby.

Mine are now like an ice pick is stabbing me in my uterus. It's also rather "clotty" (sorry TMI...not really, because hey, we're on here all the time asking gross questions. LOL)
Before E was born, it was just normal cramping and just straight forward bleeding.

I had a c-section, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.  ???

Loving life's blessings!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
imageimageimageimage

Re: Painful periods after baby?

• I resumed regular 28-30 day cycles in November while still BFing and the biggest difference is that it lasts 2-3 days longer than it ever did before.  Mine is also "clotty" (ewe, lol) and it never was before.
  • Longer and heavier!  Terrible.  Booooooooooooooo.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejfresh:
    I've only had one so far but everything was worse. Cramps, face breakout, heavier flow, and it was an extra day or two longer than used to be. Ugh. Oh and I had a vag birth.

This, but I've had more than one  :-( It sucks! These are how my periods used to be before I started bc way back in high school...ugghh 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My periods don't hurt at all anymore! Not a single cramp, and I've had about 6. The flow is totally unpredictable, though, and they last longer.
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • My first few periods were HORRIBLE.  I'm thinking it was maybe 3 cycles.  Now they're back to normal.  I hope they get better for you!
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Glad you posted this b/c I was about to do the same.  

About a week before I am set to get my period, I get this horrible achy pressure/pain in my vag like when I was just about to give birth in my last trimester.  I have only had 2 pp periods (I a still bf), but it happened on the first one and now again going on my third period.  It hurt so bad I had to take a 600mg Ibuprofen pill to ease the pain.  Anyone else have this?  I figure it is ovulation pain, but so low?  I had a vag birth in case that makes a difference.

Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"