Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What time is bed time?

I am starting to wonder if I put DS to bed too late. We put him to bed anytime between 9:30 - 10:30 depending on what we did that evening, DS STTN, and wakes anytime between 7:00 - 8:00 am and can usually get him to fall back to sleep in bed with us. What time do you do bed time? 

Re: What time is bed time?

• Routine starts at 7:30, asleep by 8:30.  Usually gets up once anytime between 4 and 6 then back to bed until 8 or 9.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bedtime for us starts around 6:30, with DS out for the count by 7 or 7:15. He still has 2 MOTN feedings, though. The used to be around 12:30 and 5, but since we moved him to his crib two nights ago they have fallen around quarter to midnight and 4. Not sure why, just must be an adjustment thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Routine starts around 7, usually asleep by 730. Wakes up between 2 and 330 to eat, then back asleep until 7am.
  • I start the routine around 7 and she's usually asleep by 8/8:30.  Mostly because she fights it and I spend a lot of time rocking and putting the paci in until she's actually asleep.  I probably should move the routine up to 6:30, but its hard when I work all day.

If a late bedtime works with you and your LO isn't fussy or hard to get to sleep, I wouldn't worry about it.  I have to get DD up at 6:30 am so an early bedtime is a must.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SEWFSEWF member
    We do late bedtime, too. 9:30 to 10:30, usually. We don't have to be up at a certain time, and my mom watches him at home during the day, so he can sleep whenever he wants. I just do whatever works for the family. When it stops working, we'll change it up.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 9:30 for my 3 month old.  We have tried earlier and it fails!  She eats between 8:30 and 9:00 and  has consistently been in bed by 9:30.  She STTN until 5:30 or 7 depending.  Of course I know that with babies nothing is constant and to expect change, so this is working for us for now, and when it doesn't we will ajdust!
  • We start the bedtime routine at 7pm, she's usually in the crib by 7:30pm... 7:45pm at the latest.  Typically is up once around 2am to eat, but sometimes STTN, sometimes is up twice.  DH wakes her up for daycare at 6:15am.
  • DS is 4 months old and bedtime is usually between 9 and 9:30 here. Usually he'll get his bedtime bottle around 8:30 to 8:45ish and he is asleep by 9ish.

ETA.. he usually wakes up between 6 and 7am for a bottle. Most of the time he'll fall back to sleep in our bed with me and/or DH until 8 or 9am.
  • We do the same. Anywhere between 9:30 to 11. I don't think it's too late...it's whatever works for you. My LO will either sleep until 6:30, or sometimes still wakes up around 3am to have 2oz.
  • We start bath around 6 - sometimes a little earlier if he had an early nap or a little later if he had a late nap, but normally he's asleep by 6:30 or 7.
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • We try to start route about 8.  Some times a little later depending if we get side track or if he had a late nap 
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • kb&mbkb&mb member
    We usually start bath, etc around 6:30, feed at 6:45/7 and he is down by 7:15 and asleep by 7:30. I move it up a bit if his catnap ended earlier than 5ish.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 10:30 or 11 usually...but she usually naps from 7 or 8 until 9:30 or 10....and then she SSTN until 6:30 during the week or 7 or 8 on weekends (and then sometimes we put her in the bed with us and she sleeps till 9 or 10)

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Between 7 and 8 pm. She sleeps until 4 am to nurse then goes back to sleep until about 7 am.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• She gets a bath at 8, eats, cuddle/bedtime story, and is usually asleep by 9 or a bit after. 
  • I figure as long as lo is getting at least 11 hours of sleep at night and a few naps, then exact bedtimes don't matter. We are asleep by 8 because that's the rhythm dd2 fell into and what dd1 does and then DH and I can hang out before we go to bed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Routine starts at 6:45, bottle at 7 and asleep by 7:30.  STTN and up around 7:30-8.

Will be waking her at 7AM for daycare in a few weeks, so she may need earlier bedtime. She needs all the sleep she can get at night since she's a crappy napper. 

• I've been starting bedtime at 630 but she's never asleep until 830. I think I'm going to push back the start time and see if it helps make going to sleep take less than 2 hours! She's up for the day around 830.
  • Routine starts around 7:15 to 7:30 and asleep in the crib by 8. Wakes up once to eat anywhere from 2 to 5 and up for the day at 6 or 6:30. This is most nights.

• BLPL101BLPL101 member

My pedi said 6-9 is a good time frame.

We just moved DD's up to 8 pm. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• If it's a bath night, my daughter gets a bath at 8:30, otherwise its diaper change and PJs around 8:50, eating at 9:00, and in her crib by 9:30.  She sleeps until about 6:30 every morning.
  • See I was thinking I was putting LO to sleep too early before 9:00 - he is breastfed and still wakes pretty much every 2 hrs. throughout the night! If I put him to bed before 9 he's ready to be up at 3-4 am. I usually just nurse him back to sleep but then he is most definitely up for the day at 6:00.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We start bedtime routine around 6:30-6:45. He has a bath, PJ's bottle, and a little snuggle and is out by 7:30 at the latest. He wakes once between 3-5 for a feeding and is back to sleep until 7:30.
  • She will go down in her crib between 7 and 8. Our bedtime routine is usually about 30 minutes.
  • Bedtime routine starts around 7 depending on his mood and last nap. He eats about 7:30-8ish and I rock him until he falls asleep no later than 8:30. He set his own bedtime a couple months ago, (hes 4 months now) and I just followed his lead and made a bedtime routine an hour before he would fall asleep. He sleeps until 6am sometimes 7 and doesn't wake up any during the night with exception of growth spurts.

• I am really surprised at all these bed times at 630! That seems so early to say goodnight to ur little one. My 5 month olds bedtime is late...9301130. My husband works til 6 or sometimes later and he would never get to spend time wih our baby if he went to bed so early. Do whatever works for you and your family. : sometimes I don't even wanna put him to bed bc I just wanna keep cuddling him! Lol
  • I agree with you 6:30 is very early , I am barely off work at that time and would never see my daughter with that bed time. She usually is so busy during the day day now and active she crashes by herself by 8:30 -9p the latest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"