May 2013 Moms

So much for celebrating

Today was my last day of work, which I've really been looking forward to. But instead of going out to dinner and celebrating with my husband I'm sitting in the OR waiting room.

He texted me a few hours ago saying he went to urgent care for some stomach cramping he's been having. I had been urging him to go and was surprised he finally did. They did an ultrasound and found he had appendicitis. He was sent to the hospital right away in fear that his appendix may burst. He's in surgery now.

I really didn't think we would be staying at this hospital quite yet. Of course, he's stressed out by the financial setback. So much for celebrating my unemployment. I'm bummed out.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: So much for celebrating

• That stinks!  I'm sorry!  At least they caught it now before it got too serious.  I hope he gets better soon!
  • Sorry to hear that!  I hope he has a speedy recovery and you'll be able to celebrate soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebotanicalbliss:
    That stinks!  I'm sorry!  At least they caught it now before it got too serious.  I hope he gets better soon!

ditto this!

the good news: you don't have to call in to work for tomorrow!

• Oh gosh, that super sucks! I'm glad to hear they are working on it before it was super serious. I hope he heals quick. I'm sorry it all happened on what was supposed to be a celebrated day.
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• vic1011vic1011 member
    Ick!  I'm sorry!
  • blush64blush64 member
    I am sorry to hear that news but at least it was caught and things will be ok. 
  • pnutgpnutg member
    Thanks guys. Yeah I'm thankful it was caught before it burst and created more problems. And thankful we both weren't admitted the same day. I'm trying to look on the bright side because that would suck.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hope he gets better soon. Good job he got checked out.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry, but as PPs have said it's good that they caught the appendicitis in time. FX that he has a quick and smooth recovery.

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • Oh no, that sucks! I'm glad they caught it sooner rather than later though. FX for a speedy recovery for him so he'll be all set for baby!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hope the surgery goes well and your hubby has a speedy recovery!
  • Bummer.  Hope he recovers quickly!
  • Oh man, that really stinks! Hopefully he has a speedy recovery. It seems like everything happens at once, especially when it comes to finances. I hope everything works out ok! Don't let it get you too down... maybe get yourself a small treat anyway to celebrate?
  • Good luck! I hope he recovers quickly!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yikes that sucks! I guess the silver lining would be at least it happened BEFORE your baby shows up so he can be around to help for that instead of you having to take care of two people.
  • Oh no, prayers he is ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"