June 2013 Moms

Breech at 35 weeks and 3 days

So I had an ultrasound done at 32 weeks which showed that my baby boy is breech.  Had an appointment with the dr who said she wanted another scan done close to 36 weeks.

Went in for it today knowing full well that the baby has not moved; and he hasn't.  Head is at my ribs, bum is where head should be :(

Have another appointment with my Ob on Monday to discuss my options.

Anyone else having the same issues?

Re: Breech at 35 weeks and 3 days

• I'm 32 weeks and last week my midwife said that my son was breech. They didnt do an ultrasound but she could feel his head. Check out the website spinning babies. I've been doing some exercises that are on there to help him turn.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm only 32 weeks but he has been breech the whole time. I'm preparing for a csection so I'm not disappointed if he doesn't flip and I have to have one. I'm going to ask about spinningababies at my next appt on Monday.
  • Loading the player...
  • My baby is breech.  I go every week for a fluid check so I know for sure its is still breech.  I think this Wednesday at the Dr. she might want to discuss some of my options...we will see.  Everyone tells me the baby has time to move still.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #1 Since June 2011
    BFP #1 2/25/12 EDD 11/3/12 - BO 3/14/12 D&C 03/23/12
    BFP #2 9/30/12 EDD 6/10/13 DOB 5/20/13
    My Ovulation Chart
    *PgAL/PAL Welcome*

• My LO didn't flip until 33 weeks. They can flip up until the end. Even if your doctor wants to do a schedule c-section, that doesn't mean its set in stone if baby flips! Try spinning babies or research a chiropractor that practices the webster method.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • At this point, I'm pretty sure my baby's been in every position. He still seems to flip pretty often, so we'll see. I know my OB is doing a check next week and if he's not head down we'll get an ultrasound. 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • I also wondering when the c-saection would be.  I'm due June 4th.  I guess the dr would try to do it as close to the due date as possible.  Only problem is....My dr is going on holiday from 5/16-6/1
  • LB1020LB1020 member
    I am 34 weeks and LO moved from transverse to breech. I have to go for weekly BPP's so try will check his position then. If he hasn't moved by 37 weeks they are going to schedule a CS.

• My sister was head down up until the end, and she flipped sometime between the 39 week checkup and delivery. They didn't even know until she was about to start pushing and the doctor saw a bum Smile She was born at 8.5 pounds, so even big babies can flip if they want to!
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ehnastoehnasto member

I have an appointment later today but I am pretty sure my LO is breech if not transverse. I am assuming this because I can feel something that feels like a head up in my ribs reguarly. I am almost 32 weeks so there is still time for him to turn.

I wouldn't worry too much though. I know it can be disappointing to not have your baby the way you planned, if it comes to that, but as long as you are both healthy then that is all that matters.

• I am pregnant with twins, but Baby A is stubbornly breech. If I was you I would check out spinningbabies.com. There are a ton of suggestions for helping things along, and you might have a little time. I am also trying acupuncture. It is pretty much the only thing that has good success rates with twins. You might try acupuncture or working with a chiropractor. I hope your little guy turns!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I am 34 weeks and baby boy is breech and has been since at least 30 weeks. I've been having weekly ultrasounds to check his heart and at my one on Tuesday they confirmed he is still breech and they're not thinking he is going to turn at this point...but there is always a chance. I am scheduled for a csection at 39 weeks 1 day and my doctor said they will not do it any earlier unless he tries to come on his own which could happen considering DD came at 38 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Mine is breech and I've been doing everything possible to encouraging turning with no success. It's true that the baby can still turn on his or her own, but at this point it's statistically unlikely. I'll be having an ECV done at 37w in an attempt to avoid a section.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am only 33w1d, LO is primarily transverse but moves somewhat breech every once and awhile.  I have a fluid check and growth scan at 34w2d, so we will see then if he has turned.  My OB isn't concerned yet but I am researching my options so when we discuss them I am knowledgeable.

I am going to try spinning babies after I talk to my doctor at my regular appointment on Monday.  If she is comfortable with me doing it, I am game. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At my 34 week appointment my OB didnt seem concerned with the babies positioning. She said the baby can still move around all she wants. But I hope she's head down at my next appointment.
  • My twins are both breeched. I have an ultrasound next week to see if they'll turn but they aren't to hopeful considering DS has been breeched since my first tri and DD was transverse. I have three weeks left before they give me an ultimatum. Currently 35 weeks as well.
  • At my 35 week appointment, my Dr. determined that my kiddo is breech.  Honestly, she isn't worried yet, so I am not either.  We are certainly not talking c-sections or anything like that yet.  My dr. is in the "lets wait and really see what happens" camp, which is fine with me. 
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • imageilovemarfa:
    I'm 32 weeks and last week my midwife said that my son was breech. They didnt do an ultrasound but she could feel his head. Check out the website spinning babies. I've been doing some exercises that are on there to help him turn.

This and also they have a procedure they do at 37 weeks or so that they preform at the hospital. They give u meds to relax your utuers, lube you up and manually flip baby. This has before caused Labor to start a few days after. Good Luck. Spinning Babies and Yoga helped my LO move.

• I was told around 36w is when baby doesn't move positions very much, so it's a good time to discuss C-section possibility or Vag delivery. I just had a C-section at 33w when I planned for C-section, so feel free to ask away.
  • oops i meant planned for Vag delivery
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"