April 2013 Moms

How are your PP hormones?

How are you feeling, in general?  Are the hormones better or worse than you expected?  How are you dealing?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How are your PP hormones?

• I'm a freakin wreck!  I had insane anxiety and hormones after DS but at the time I thought it was exacerbated by the fact that my husband was deployed.  This time around I knew to expect the hormones and anxiety but somehow I thought having DH around would make things easier.  I am just absolutely anxious about everything and nothing!  My husband is being perfect, my son is being as perfect as a 2.5 year old can be, and LO is being a perfectly easy baby so far.. yet.. I cannot stop feeling this ball of anxiety in my chest and every time I think about anything regarding the future (DH going back to work, LO growing up too fast, not having 100% of my time to devote to DS)  I cry.  I have no appetite at all, and just feel so emotionally overwhelmed.  To deal with it I just keep talking (and talking and talking) to friends and DH about it.  It makes me feel more normal to rationalize things outside of my own head and to remember that it's definitely the hormones and not "just me".  I've been trying to do deep breathing, but I think I may need a "how to relax for dummies" book :/
  • WAY worse than I ever expected! 10 PP and hoping this gets better fast!

• Loading the player...
  • imageascott654:

WAY worse than I ever expected! 10 PP and hoping this gets better fast!

hang in there, you are NOT alone!!  I am only 8 days PP and I fear it will get worse before better :( 

• Insane.  I cry so freakin much and I hate crying!!!

• It's been an overwhelming two weeks and I still am crying at the drop of a hat.
  • I'm okay until I think about going back to work July 11th. I lost it when DH had to go back to work on Wednesday. I don't want to leave her with anyone that I don't know and we haven't nailed down child care, hopefully my anxiety will ease a bit once we do.
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Friend posted a photo on Facebook a quote similar to "to my child, if I had to choose between living and breathing, I'd use my last breath to tell you I love you"... I cried for a half an hour!! I hated being pregnant but then I was looking at all the belly shots we took. I was getting all emotional over them. It's the weirdest thing. I can't tell you how much I've cried these past 2 weeks
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Not as bad as I expected. I was going to encapsulate my placenta because I read that helps, but the hospital mixed up and treated it with formaldehyde. I cried a lot of happy tears the first week, but feel balanced but tired in week two.
  • I was pretty bad the first 3 weeks PP. I would cry a few times every day when I randomly started thinking of certain things, or hearing certain songs. I felt depressed, overwhelmed and scared. However I have been feeling a lot better. Every once in a while I cry from feeling overwhelmed or overly tired. I don't think it's hormonal anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • love4blove4b member
    Not nearly as bad as I expected. I have a history of crazy premenstrual hormones and depression, so I had my placenta encapsulated just I case things got hairy. I've only felt the need to take a pill a few times and it has really worked. The first was a week postpartum when my daughter was looking up at me and kinda frowning and I thought "she's frowning at me because she doesn't think I'm a good enough mom". My rational brain was like "holy hormones!" so I took a placenta capsule and felt better within 20 minutes. I couldn't care less if it was really balancing my hormones, or if it was just the placebo effect, it worked :)

• Last time I was an insane crazy person for about a month. I would cry fifty times a day, felt depressed and like I would never get "my" life back and like I made a mistake having kids. It got better around six weeks and I felt almost normal at three months. This time I have felt so much more balanced and way less hormonal. I'm not sure what to attribute this better recovery to. Maybe I had mild PPD last time and maybe this time I have a better idea of what to expect. Either way it's nice to enjoy the newborn phase this time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I was a freaking mess the first couple of days. I was expecting it to be a lot worse than what it was. 
  • For the most part they're better than I expected! Maybe I expected to have a huge dose of PP depression because I have a history of depression but it hasn't been that bad.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Way worse than I expected, and way worse than pregnancy.  DD will be 4 weeks tomorrow, and I'm just starting to feel a little more normal.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    I have been more cranky and less weepy this time. But I suspect that will change once my parents leave and we're on our own. I think I will be lonesome during the day.
  • I cry everyday... Just because I miss being pregnant so much! I love having DD here soooo much! But I want to be preggers again! Ughh is this a phase? I'm 3 weeks PP. 
  • How are my PP hormones?

One word: raging.

Oy. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had a very rough time the first week after Alessandra was born. I cried all the time, I felt horribly overwhelmed, and all I could think was "how in the world did I ever think I could do this with a toddler and a newborn?" I had the baby blues, but I was completely unprepared for them. I didn't have any emotional postpartum issues after I had Tony, and I just assumed it would be smooth sailing with this baby.

It's gotten much better this past week and a half, though. I feel a little more in control, I haven't cried in awhile, and that feeling of hopelessness has left. I feel like I have more of a handle on the "mama of two little ones" thing, and my husband is 100 percent on deck the second he gets home. I couldn't have made it through last month without him.
  • They're pretty bad this time. Last time was emotional but this time its all focused on how worried I am about DS1 being happy and safe while I'm not his primary care parent. We're very close and very similar and his father is having trouble guiding him through tantrums and anger flare ups, DS1 is starting to get frustrated with daddy and annoyed that I'm not instantly available. So lots of tears on my part about how I'm disappointing him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • zzbbzzbb member
    I haven't been crying but definitely moody and hard to get along with...like others I'm anxious about everything but I feel like I'm getting better about that. I need to be nicer and more patient with my husband. :/
  • Mine have been much better this time around. After DD1's birth I cried over everything. This time I've only cried when my mom left after visiting. I feel happier in general this time. I think I had a case of the baby blues last time.
  • With D I was so wheepy about everything. With R, I've been a b!tch. I seriously was about to tell my DH to get the hell out of our lives because I could do a better job by myself. All because he has to work late all this week and Saturday.
  • imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    I'm a freakin wreck!  I had insane anxiety and hormones after DS but at the time I thought it was exacerbated by the fact that my husband was deployed.  This time around I knew to expect the hormones and anxiety but somehow I thought having DH around would make things easier.  I am just absolutely anxious about everything and nothing!  My husband is being perfect, my son is being as perfect as a 2.5 year old can be, and LO is being a perfectly easy baby so far.. yet.. I cannot stop feeling this ball of anxiety in my chest and every time I think about anything regarding the future (DH going back to work, LO growing up too fast, not having 100% of my time to devote to DS)  I cry.  I have no appetite at all, and just feel so emotionally overwhelmed.  To deal with it I just keep talking (and talking and talking) to friends and DH about it.  It makes me feel more normal to rationalize things outside of my own head and to remember that it's definitely the hormones and not "just me".  I've been trying to do deep breathing, but I think I may need a "how to relax for dummies" book :/

You just described my every feeling..... I have been a complete wreck. I feel like it's starting to subside as each day passes, but I still get these waves of emotion.. I have no clue where they come from or what triggers them, I really don't even know exactly what I'm feeling, sad, depressed, anxious... I just cry.

I cry when I think about leaving her, I cry when I think about what I ever did without her, I cry thinking about "what ifs" what if something happens to my husband, how do I make it on my own without him. I feel like I have so much to lose now that we have a baby, and I don't feel like my normal self anymore. Everything I do is for this child now that all this sudden came into my life, that I prayed for for so long and that is mine now..... it's so overwhelming.

While it sucks that you're going through this too, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was told by a few friends that if I still feel like this, this strongly, in a week or two to talk to someone... Hopefully it subsides by then, I hope yours does too. 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"