April 2013 Moms

Tummy time??

How much tummy time should I give my two week old. Not to mention she doesn't last long because she rolls over :/

Re: Tummy time??

• I'm wondering the same thing!! She's not rolling completely over but she gets to her side!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've read 5-10 min at a time.  Ethan loves tummy time most of the time so I let him go longer occasionally

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
    BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Our pedi said only for 5-10 minutes at a time but we could do tummy time as much time as DD wants, which is usually a good portion of the time.  She's also rolling over, so it doesn't last too long.  We also think she's trying to move somehow because she'll lift her head, and push up on her knees, but doesn't know what to do beyond that.  She gets frustrated and starts crying after about five or ten minutes of this.
  • I was told 3-5 times a day for at least 3 minutes or longer if they tolerate it

• sms04jsms04j member
    Our pediatrician said 5 to 10 min at a time. She didn't mention how many times a day though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I say for as long as she'll tolerate!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagewiggles527:
    I've read 5-10 min at a time.  Ethan loves tummy time most of the time so I let him go longer occasionally

This, and I have also heard 30-60 minutes of awake tummy time a day. I wouldn't worry if your baby is rolling over, just put him or her on tummy to start out. Also, our pediatrician said that our baby could nap on his tummy during the daytime as long as we are right there with him and keeping an eye on him (and of course he is on a firm, flat, smooth surface with no blanket or anything). He usually takes a couple naps on his tummy on a mat on our hardwood floor and seems to like it. We just don't leave the room when he's doing it, and he lies on his cheek facing us so we can watch him. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Umm. We haven't really started tummy time yet. DD3 is 5 weeks and either nursing or sleeping.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"