October 2011 Moms

wow

Have you seen this?

dinosaurquiz.jpg

I can't believe this is being taught in any school, public, private or other

Re: wow

• I am not seeing anything, but is it the dinosaurs are extinct because they caught the geigh?

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• What's a dinosaur?...do you mean Jesus horses?
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • mamaZbomamaZbo member

I will try again. It is a quiz from a christian school in SC that has questions like:

True/False: Dinosaurs lived with people (true)

• Ms.JadeMs.Jade member
    Yikes! I hope that's manufactured. I have a good friend who runs a horticultural program. She got a call from the local private Christian school asking her to come in and do some supplemental education with them because of their failing science testing scores. She agreed but had to quit when they asked her to not discuss evolution when talking about plant adaptations. She basically said no wonder they are failing! As a Christian and a scientist this makes me sad. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • God did give us brains, some of us Christians actually use them.Big Smile [Sigh]
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • I don't understand the sharp teeth thing? We know what sharp teeth are for because we currently as a society have sharp teeth and can see what they're used for. Are they implying dinosaurs and people didn't eat meat? E's catholic school teaches about dinosaurs, they did a big unit on it in the fall. I had no idea people thought dinosaurs lived with people. I thought they didn't believe in dinosaurs.
  • Sad. I don't see how this sort of thing even allowed. 
  • mamaZbomamaZbo member

Exactly. I went to a Christian University and was taught evolution as scientific fact. There was no trouble reconciling faith with scientific fact, both can co-exist. The comments in the article are even more disturbing.

Edit: here is the link to the article:

https://www.foxcarolina.com/story/22136794/upstate-schools-science-quiz-sparks-controversey

• Don't even get me started! People complain about scientists being anti-religion but this is exactly why religion has no place in a science class. This is also why scientists are generally against anything remote religious being taught in science class. This makes me so angry! Angry I will just stop now and move on before I feel the need to kick someone in the groin.

ETA: I am usually very accepting of people having religious beliefs (to each his own) but this just doesn't belong in science class.

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • There was a thread on Parenting the other day where someone said she worked at a museum and would get people yelling at her for talking about the dinosaurs like they really existed. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagecolleenb262:

There was a thread on Parenting the other day where someone said she worked at a museum and would get people yelling at her for talking about the dinosaurs like they really existed. 

They should go to the Creation Museum then. 

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• I don't see what everyone is up and arms about.  Dinosaurs DID live at the same time as people.  I saw it on television.  Which makes it a fact.

Or is someone going to try and tell me the caveman DIDN'T use wooly mammoths as dishwasher?

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecrystaladult:
    Unfortunately, Snopes confirmed that quiz to be true. The father of the daughter posted the second page. It's a private school.

Did he immediately pull his daughter? Why do they think dinosaurs eventual became extinct? And wtf can't we teach other animals to do the dishes?
  • imagemamaZbo:

Exactly. I went to a Christian University and was taught evolution as scientific fact. There was no trouble reconciling faith with scientific fact, both can co-exist. The comments in the article are even more disturbing.

Word. I was raised as a Christian (although I no longer identify as such) and it was never an issue to try and reconcile the theories of evolution and creationism. This worksheet and the thought process it represents are just completely contrary to reason. How can you believe that an omnipotent being created the universe and couldn't create adaptable beings? I mean, seriously. I just don't get it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Jesus rode a dinosaur on his way to Jerusalem, yo.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"