February 2012 Moms

UO/Say Anything

Let's hear it ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO/Say Anything

• SA:  I'm really glad that the participation in the photo contest has picked up!  I was starting to get sad that no one was playing anymore.

• H's mom called and left a message the other day about something she needed and when he called back she didn't answer.  Finally they talked last night and it isn't an issue anymore, but what she needed was a ride after a colonoscopy (sp?) and H told her if she needed us to call us and we would take her.  He specifically said I would take her.  Um, no, no I won't.  She is your mom you take her.  

He isn't even close to her and we don't see her very often but I won't let him put me in that position.  I will gladly help out his dad (they are divorced) and I even took his dad to a few appointments and did follow up when he had prostate issues, but no I will not take his mom.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageninthgirl:
    SA: based on my hCG levels only going up about 18% in about 40 hours things are not looking good for this pregnancy.  I'm at work today and I really wish I could just blow it off and go somewhere and cry.  But since I only work PT, I won't.

I am so sorry.  I've had two miscarriages and I know how hard it can be waiting on results.  The not knowing is almost the worst part.  Best wishes to you.  Positive thoughts your levels are in the healthy range and you find that out asap! 

• imageninthgirl:
    SA: based on my hCG levels only going up about 18% in about 40 hours things are not looking good for this pregnancy.  I'm at work today and I really wish I could just blow it off and go somewhere and cry.  But since I only work PT, I won't.
    I'm so sorry!!!! :(

• SA: I'm hungry so I decided to eat lunch at 10:30 - but now I know I will be hungry again before I get home at 5:00...this could be bad.

UO: I really don't understand the resurgence of old lady names (Hazel, Thea, Evelyn, etc) - although I do like Evelyn.  They aren't pretty to me, most sound harsh and just old...But I guess everything old becomes new again at some point...

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• SA1: My work computer is cooperating very well today and I am able to see all the GIFs that are in the siggys. I can only usually see a frozen picture. They are making me smile. It makes me feel like I am missing out when there is a GIF party.

SA2: My DH went back to work yesterday after having 6 weeks off from his surgery! It feels so good to have things going back to "normal." I love my cancer free husband!

UO: It is lame but it is unpopular. I regret getting the iPhone. I had a blackberry for so long and when it was time for my upgrade I thought the iPhone was going to be so much more than what it is, I am disappointed. I regret not waiting it out, now that the new blackberry is out.

That is all I have, I will try to think of something more spicy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Just because someone comments on FB with a similar story to you does not mean your post was "mommy-jacked" by them.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• lancyjolancyjo member
    imageMrMrsandBaby:

Just because someone comments on FB with a similar story to you does not mean your post was "mommy-jacked" by them.

Yes Or that they're copying you when you choose things that are extremely popular. I swear I'll pull my hair out if I hear another person say something like, "OMG. That bish is doing Mickey Mouse TOOOOO!!!! She's totally copying me!" Yeah, chick, because Mickey is SO freaking original. ::eyeroll::

ETA: Disclaimer: This is not 212 FB group specific. I have several in-person friends who do this all.the.time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • mkarnsmkarns member
    imageMrMrsandBaby:

Just because someone comments on FB with a similar story to you does not mean your post was "mommy-jacked" by them.

Am I dumb if I have no idea what's going on here?

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• mkarnsmkarns member
    SA: I wish I could poop.

BabyFruit Ticker

• lancyjolancyjo member
    imagemkarns:
    imageMrMrsandBaby:

Just because someone comments on FB with a similar story to you does not mean your post was "mommy-jacked" by them.

If you're dumb then I am too... I don't think this was prompted by anything in our group?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • H was in a wreck and the other people were at fault.  I found the other people on Facebook - their profile is not private.  The wife wrote:  "so mad, the other guy wasn't even hurt and he flipped his truck; we got hurt".

I am SO pissed.  I put on my FB asking prayers for the other people involved.  And they are pisssed my H wasn't hurt.  I think that shows the shittty moral character and pisses me off even more so I have a renewed reason to fight the discrepancies.  To me it is personal now.   

I understand the feeling of the moment, stress, fear, etc. but that does NOT make it okay to wish harm on someone else.    

• mkarnsmkarns member
    imagesapphirebride06:

H was in a wreck and the other people were at fault.  I found the other people on Facebook - their profile is not private.  The wife wrote:  "so mad, the other guy wasn't even hurt and he flipped his truck; we got hurt".

I am SO pissed.  I put on my FB asking prayers for the other people involved.  And they are pisssed my H wasn't hurt.  I think that shows the shittty moral character and pisses me off even more so I have a renewed reason to fight the discrepancies.  To me it is personal now.   

I understand the feeling of the moment, stress, fear, etc. but that does NOT make it okay to wish harm on someone else.    

wow. This is awful. I looked up the girl who was in an accident with me once and she had written how someone hit her (other way around, btw) but that's ok because "that b*tches car was in a ditch now". Also untrue. I promptly printed it and showed it to my and her insurance company because she also told them I hit her. I said this is the lying girl you're dealing with. Needless to say, my insurance company didn't pay her a dime.

by the was I reeeeally want those brownies in your siggy. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• SA: There have been a lot of losses on the Dec board. More than I remember from our board. But when folks lost babies on our board, I would cry all day. I would cry about the saying goodbye tickers. This time I am not crying about them. It makes me feel like a cold insensitive human. 
  • imagesapphirebride06:

H was in a wreck and the other people were at fault.  I found the other people on Facebook - their profile is not private.  The wife wrote:  "so mad, the other guy wasn't even hurt and he flipped his truck; we got hurt".

Oh snap, girl! Show that to insurance! 

• imageninthgirl:

Now this one does make me really sad. 

• n8swifen8swife member

imagemkarns:

I wish I could stop pooping Sad There has to be a happy medium.

• See I am going to print it, H said it wouldn't matter but I think it shows that it is a crappy character.  And she said H hit her so that is wrong as well - witness statements back that up.  
  • mkarnsmkarns member
    imageninthgirl:
    imagen8swife:

imagemkarns:

Is it OK that this made me laugh?

Yes! It's nice to hear that you're laughing. Xoxo 

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagen8swife:

imagemkarns:

I hate pooping, i'd be happy if i never had to as long as I live.  I don't understand how men enjoy it and put so much time into it.
  • imagelancyjo:
    imagemkarns:
    imageMrMrsandBaby:

If you're dumb then I am too... I don't think this was prompted by anything in our group?

Totally random, not related to anything said in the group.  Jsut a general thing.  I have a friend who thinks every person is out to "one up" her when she posts something.  Like, God FORBID you agree and share a story because you are hijacking her post.  It is exhausting.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• OK I'm posting before reading because I actually have one this week and I don't want to forget about it.

I think maybe I'm super-competitive and also very nosy.  Little menial things are things I pay attention to and always keep in the back of my head what the pecking order is.  I don't see how or why this is important, yet I can't stop myself from doing it.  I think I'm messed up in the brain.  P.S. I never discuss this!

Pregnancy Ticker

• SA: I'm a bad mom. My kids watch too much tv, just so I can get a few minutes peace. My DS is an AWESOME kid but he's going through a "testing my boundaries" phase and I've been yelling way too much to get him to listen to me. Daisy won't sttn and is so clingy lately so I feel guilty when I can't give her all the attention she wants. Oh and my house is a disaster. Mommy fail all around!
  • imageStarbuck128:
    This was going to be my FFFC, but then today happened, so I'm turning it into a SA vent.nbsp;I'm not a good teacher. I'm not social, outgoing or patient, and I think a good teacher needs to be all those things. I'm also not very comfortable around kids, except my own.I was stressing about Cody's fine motor skills because he's now about 7 months behind. We work on them every day, and have been for 6 months, with no change. I am always patient, enthusiastic and encouraging with him, and I think he's always having fun. Still, I don't like trying to teach him this stuff, and I wish I could hire someone to work with him for an hour every day instead. I feel very guilty about feeling this way. Today, his OT offered me a job looking after 3 kids 2 days a week. The youngest is a special needs child who needs some help with his fine motor skills. She complimented how well I do with Cody and said a bunch of other nice things. So, yay! I declined because that job is so far out of my league, but I was feeling pretty good about myself because she didn't think I suck. I tell DH about the offer and explain how I don't think I would be suitable for a job like that. I have no experience with kids other than my own. I also tell him about how I don't think I would be a good teacher and how I wish I could hire someone to work with Cody every day. He looked at me shocked and said, "Oh my God. You don't like teaching your own kid? You are a terrible person."So. Back to feeling shitty about myself again. nbsp;
    I don't like teaching my own kid, we are too much alike that we clash on almost everything. I get frustrated, he gets frustrated, its not productive at. all. I've had to learn the ways he learns best and try and follow his lead. It's been a little easier since I've been doing that.
  • imageDaizyMay22:
    imageStarbuck128:
    This was going to be my FFFC, but then today happened, so I'm turning it into a SA vent.nbsp;I'm not a good teacher. I'm not social, outgoing or patient, and I think a good teacher needs to be all those things. I'm also not very comfortable around kids, except my own.I was stressing about Cody's fine motor skills because he's now about 7 months behind. We work on them every day, and have been for 6 months, with no change. I am always patient, enthusiastic and encouraging with him, and I think he's always having fun. Still, I don't like trying to teach him this stuff, and I wish I could hire someone to work with him for an hour every day instead. I feel very guilty about feeling this way. Today, his OT offered me a job looking after 3 kids 2 days a week. The youngest is a special needs child who needs some help with his fine motor skills. She complimented how well I do with Cody and said a bunch of other nice things. So, yay! I declined because that job is so far out of my league, but I was feeling pretty good about myself because she didn't think I suck. I tell DH about the offer and explain how I don't think I would be suitable for a job like that. I have no experience with kids other than my own. I also tell him about how I don't think I would be a good teacher and how I wish I could hire someone to work with Cody every day. He looked at me shocked and said, "Oh my God. You don't like teaching your own kid? You are a terrible person."So. Back to feeling shitty about myself again. nbsp;
    I don't like teaching my own kid, we are too much alike that we clash on almost everything. I get frustrated, he gets frustrated, its not productive at. all. I've had to learn the ways he learns best and try and follow his lead. It's been a little easier since I've been doing that.

Starbuck - Don't feel bad!  I really hate teaching too... ESPECIALLY when you feel like you're not getting anywhere. DD is not a talker, she has used individual words once and that was months ago... and I try to do all the right things to get her to talk and nada.  It's so frustrating that I don't like it.  Regardless of what your husband says, you are NOT a terrible person.  

• imageStarbuck128:

This was going to be my FFFC, but then today happened, so I'm turning it into a SA vent. 

I'm not a good teacher. I'm not social, outgoing or patient, and I think a good teacher needs to be all those things. I'm also not very comfortable around kids, except my own.

I was stressing about Cody's fine motor skills because he's now about 7 months behind. We work on them every day, and have been for 6 months, with no change. I am always patient, enthusiastic and encouraging with him, and I think he's always having fun. Still, I don't like trying to teach him this stuff, and I wish I could hire someone to work with him for an hour every day instead. I feel very guilty about feeling this way.

Today, his OT offered me a job looking after 3 kids 2 days a week. The youngest is a special needs child who needs some help with his fine motor skills. She complimented how well I do with Cody and said a bunch of other nice things. So, yay! I declined because that job is so far out of my league, but I was feeling pretty good about myself because she didn't think I suck.

I tell DH about the offer and explain how I don't think I would be suitable for a job like that. I have no experience with kids other than my own. I also tell him about how I don't think I would be a good teacher and how I wish I could hire someone to work with Cody every day. He looked at me shocked and said, "Oh my God. You don't like teaching your own kid? You are a terrible person."

So. Back to feeling shitty about myself again.  

You are not a bad mother at all! I always read your posts and I'm impressed with all that you do for your son.  I SAH too and it gets monotonous and there is so much pressure to teach your child everything- I don't love it either. Your H should SAH for a week without you and see how it is. My H always insisted I SAH (although he didn't force it); then he got laid off and I worked part time for a while. After that experience, he understands all the pressure/time and agrees it is hard to teach him everything. Let your H spend a few days with Cody alone and he'll probably change his tune.  

BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJeanine88:

You are not a bad mother at all! I always read your posts and I'm impressed with all that you do for your son.  I SAH too and it gets monotonous and there is so much pressure to teach your child everything- I don't love it either. Your H should SAH for a week without you and see how it is. My H always insisted I SAH (although he didn't force it); then he got laid off and I worked part time for a while. After that experience, he understands all the pressure/time and agrees it is hard to teach him everything. Let your H spend a few days with Cody alone and he'll probably change his tune.  

This!!!  Trust me, most of us don't like teaching our own kids and honestly, aren't very good at it.  This is the reason I am not generally supportive of home schooling (there are definitely some exceptions).  I think in general, kids, even as little as ours are, don't respond as well to their own parents when it comes to structured education.  Our kids look to us to teach them things like manners and order and discipline and most of that is done on the fly when situations come up.  I think the most effective way to teach your kids is to integrate it into every day living, so it doesn't feel like "teaching" for that reason.  

You are DEFINITELY too hard on yourself!!  You are doing a wonderful job raising your kid.  You clearly think a lot about all of this and clearly are doing everything you can.  He is in OT, which is great, and eventually he will catch up.  You need to stop beating yourself up over all of this.  I'm going to post an article in another thread that you should read.  It definitely made me feel better!    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"